French breathalyser law scrapped.

Gerontious

It was always stupid.

Anyway.. a news article.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Drivers-in-France-no-longer-need-breathalyser-kits-as-controversial-law-scrapped?fbclid=IwAR38aTRzr2HXrA1Umens4OTbT1ucqk3fvOQcZpBbBtksVs58I3JH7jyFCX0

Not just stupid, but also a money making scam for the producers of these things.

Quelle surprise (as they say)

I love it when some chav on a Cop Show says " I ain't gonna lie to ya Bruv I only had one can at dinner time Bruv " before slowly falling over a garden wall with their tracky bottoms around their arse . Put em in the Stocks and f******g leave them there ! And if anyone thinks that passers by in medieval times threw rotten fruit and veg at wrongdoers in the Stocks then they clearly lack imagination .

One day Rodders, we'll be millionaires...…." The law was also widely discredited after it was reported that a lobbyist who had called for its mandatory introduction was an executive at a company that manufactured the testing kits."

I don't think the breathalyser has been a legal requirement for years. They used to talk about it on the motorhome forum I go on, and they know their shit about driving abroad.

It was a legal requirement up until this year, although the penalty had been reduces to zero, so the law was pretty much defunct anyway.

So that's one less thing to think about when going to France next year.

Reduced! take a hundred lines [mention]raesewell[/mention] :lol:

Who's ever took one with em.... and the reflective stickers your meant to put on your lid :roll:

What about the lightbulb kit ? Is that still a requirement ? In fact , was it ever a requirement ? Don't they have shops and garages over there ? We used to sell loads of them at M&P but some of the bulbs didn't even go in bikes .

You don't get lines for genuine typos :shock:

If your going to be a self proclaimed spelling police man ,get your own right......

LIKE!

And here's your Christmas present .

Screenshot_20191221-204837.thumb.png.63b135963f8665d06d2ceafbcf4b3b34.png

Who's ever took one with em.... and the reflective stickers your meant to put on your lid :roll:

What about the lightbulb kit ? Is that still a requirement ? In fact , was it ever a requirement ? Don't they have shops and garages over there ? We used to sell loads of them at M&P but some of the bulbs didn't even go in bikes .

Think it is , I've never took any.

The reason for taking a set of bulbs is in case one pops. its an instant fine and a copper with time on his hands.. or rather using you as an excuse to doss can actually force you to go and buy bulbs before allowing you to continue. (or summon roadside assist) So, for that reason its always wise to have spares with you. headlamp. indicators and brakelight. (assuming these arent LED) The fine isnt a big deal.. but the inconvenience could very easily become one.

of course sods law dictates if you have them you wont need them. the opposite is also occasionally (and painfully) true.