Worst thing about riding a motorcycle ?

geofferz

Pushing it backwards and uphill is not much fun. I've tried it but the issue is turning round in a space one car wide with a slope in two directions and stone walls on two sides and a car on the third (usually). It's easier to ride the bike in under power - then the side stand is on the better side for stability and when I'm putting it on the centre stand gravity is on my side. Getting out is a pain but most of the heaving is downhill. Just need to be careful not to fall down the steps!

Not that I've personal experience as I have never commuted but I imagine they are even more smug if it's snowing?

Actually no, snow just scares them. The poor little softies struggle to tackle it in a tin box, the thought of riding in it is beyond their comprehension. Meanwhile..

https://i.imgur.com/27O2cAD.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

I actually quite enjoy the challenge, at least it's different!

Not that I've personal experience as I have never commuted but I imagine they are even more smug if it's snowing?

Actually no, snow just scares them. The poor little softies struggle to tackle it in a tin box, the thought of riding in it is beyond their comprehension. Meanwhile..

https://i.imgur.com/27O2cAD.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

I actually quite enjoy the challenge, at least it's different!

Not sure if that was a great bit riding or just f*g crazy? Just sat watching it gave me the eebie jeebies :lol:

I got caught out in Holland once. I'd set off from the UK in good weather with nothing nasty forecast, and the following day as I sat in a meeting in Wageningen the snow was falling so heavily I couldn't see the buildings across the street through the window. Riding home the following morning was "interesting" - especially on the back roads where the traffic-compacted snow had frozen solid over night. The main roads looked clear but were still lethally icy, and every time I touched the brakes the back end fishtailed around underneath me. I was glad to get the hell out of there! Plus the only time I've ever binned it was on ice a year or two later, so there's no way I'd ride in that sort of weather now.

As for the worst thing about riding a motorcycle? Probably the assumption from other bikers that the mere fact we use the same mode of transport must mean I'm desperate to strike up an inane conversation. If I wanted to talk to strangers I'd have taken the f*cking bus. Go away and leave me alone.

:D

PS: Merry f*cking Christmas to all. :cheers:

Guest Richzx6r

I got caught out in Holland once. I'd set off from the UK in good weather with nothing nasty forecast, and the following day as I sat in a meeting in Wageningen the snow was falling so heavily I couldn't see the buildings across the street through the window. Riding home the following morning was "interesting" - especially on the back roads where the traffic-compacted snow had frozen solid over night. The main roads looked clear but were still lethally icy, and every time I touched the brakes the back end fishtailed around underneath me. I was glad to get the hell out of there! Plus the only time I've ever binned it was on ice a year or two later, so there's no way I'd ride in that sort of weather now.

As for the worst thing about riding a motorcycle? Probably the assumption from other bikers that the mere fact we use the same mode of transport must mean I'm desperate to strike up an inane conversation. If I wanted to talk to strangers I'd have taken the f*cking bus. Go away and leave me alone.

Cheery f*cker aren't you :lol:

Cheery f*cker aren't you :lol:

Never change Mark.

Never change :cheers: :cheers:

Snow.

Been caught out a couple of times.

Bloody awful

Snow and Ice :shock:

Years ago when I had to commute on the bike I came off on black ice. Ended up on the floor still on the bike in the full riding position thinking this is not right what the **** happened fortunately was on the 125 so slid it to the kerb then lifted it up and carried on.

Years later on the GT750 managed to get the front and rear wheels in different frozen snow wheel tracks. That was interesting.