What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

Believe it or not, but the beam pattern is the same shape as the standard bulb, (my bike has twin lights, two single filament bulbs), but is way brighter, and I have set it to marks I placed on my garage wall for setting lights to when I have stripped the front end from my bikes, and have never had an issue with them at MOT time

Believe it or not, but the beam pattern is the same shape as the standard bulb, (my bike has twin lights, two single filament bulbs), but is way brighter, and I have set it to marks I placed on my garage wall for setting lights to when I have stripped the front end from my bikes, and have never had an issue with them at MOT time

its not about the beam pattern!

you get too much stray light off HID's which is what blinds people plus a few years ago now its an MOT fail if you have them fitted!

Rebuilt near side front calliper, 3 new pistons and seals along with a good clean. One of the pistons was sticking and holding on after releasing. It was a much easier job than I expected, I had put aside 4 hours but was done in under 1.

My five year old daughter and I changed the side stand switch. I adjusted the brake leaver (I got the spelling right [mention]fastbob[/mention] )

This may not seem like much of a victory to many but I lack confidence mechanically so felt brave doing it. I took a cover thing off so I could see the front sprocket thing.

Undid the electrical connector and swapped out the switch put it all back together. Tried to start the bike and clunk followed by not started. Starter motor turns but clunk and nothing. Cue panic and think I have broken my working bike.

Back into garage took cover off again, got my daughter to start the bike whilst I watched ( she thought that was ace) could see nothing wrong. Put it all back together after checking that none of the wires were damaged and she works. A successful mechaniccing job done!

My five year old daughter and I changed the side stand switch. I adjusted the brake leaver (I got the spelling right @fastbob )

This may not seem like much of a victory to many but I lack confidence mechanically so felt brave doing it. I took a cover thing off so I could see the front sprocket thing.

Undid the electrical connector and swapped out the switch put it all back together. Tried to start the bike and clunk followed by not started. Starter motor turns but clunk and nothing. Cue panic and think I have broken my working bike.

Back into garage took cover off again, got my daughter to start the bike whilst I watched ( she thought that was ace) could see nothing wrong. Put it all back together after checking that none of the wires were damaged and she works. A successful mechaniccing job done!

So is it starting consistently and not faltering when you go to pull away ? As a precaution you might want to give your battery a charge , mind you , you do live on a hill . 😁

Yup all working. Over the past week I have been using the centre stand and had no issue. On the two occasions I used the side stand (failed to get on centre stand) the issue repeated.

Result !

My five year old daughter and I changed the side stand switch. I adjusted the brake leaver (I got the spelling right @fastbob )

Good call, having your daughter overseeing you so you didn’t muck it up 👍

Rebuilt near side front calliper, 3 new pistons and seals along with a good clean. One of the pistons was sticking and holding on after releasing. It was a much easier job than I expected, I had put aside 4 hours but was done in under 1.

Three hours Christmas shopping then , woohoo !

:D

Ps It's Lever....... :D

She said after she wants to do everything that I do, when she grows up :-)

You’ll be in trouble if she wants to start peeing standing up 🤣🤣

Urinals are really uncomfortable!

You're not meant to sit on them.

You can laugh but a few years ago we had a spate of broken toilets on a ship. The crew had changed nationality and I'll not be specific but it turned out the daft sods were standing on the bowls and squatting. Civilization was not really their thing. They were replaced after a short time.

You can laugh but a few years ago we had a spate of broken toilets on a ship. The crew had changed nationality and I'll not be specific but it turned out the daft sods were standing on the bowls and squatting. Civilization was not really their thing. They were replaced after a short time.

That is the normal on the cruise ships, 50-60 nationalities you can see everything.

Crew or toilets. :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Just finished fitting the dual camera system to the bike, I wired it straight to the battery as not the best when it comes to electrical devices and connecting them to existing power sources so decided on the easy option, it turns off after 10 seconds of it detecting no motion and switches on pretty much as soon as the device detects movement so I'm not too worried about it draining the battery and as its under the pillion seat its not too much to switch it off manually :thumb:

Rode it for the first time ..... in the dark .... 200miles Manchester to Hertfordshire. 6:00 just after the shops shut across the Peak district in the dark, as the mist rolls in, is not the way to learn how you bike works. 2011 VFR800 ABS. Its huge and heavy and brutal. I can understand what they say about the VTEC cutting in on a corner. Anyway, nearly 11 PM by the time I got home. I'll be fitting heated grips ..... tomorrow.

Bad point ... I've transferred my insurance across so I can't ride my CRB500R anymore. I will miss her. :crybaby: