Challenge 2019 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

guess I should start looking at next year's soon :shock: :lol:

Hi @Hoggs, thanks for organising this years Photo Rally, and i hope you do, do another one next year.

Especially liked some off the Cafe's this year, apart from the fact, me and the wife ate at to many of them :oops: and look forward hopefully to next years mix :D

And maybe bumping into some members somewhere?

You only need to photograph the Cafes, not sample all the menus. :wink:

I’ve only met 1 other member whilst doing the tags.

Hi @Hoggs, thanks for organising this years Photo Rally, and i hope you do, do another one next year.

Especially liked some off the Cafe's this year, apart from the fact, me and the wife ate at to many of them :oops: and look forward hopefully to next years mix :D

but sampling the menus is a bonus :lol:

Hi [mention]JRH[/mention], We never bumped into anyone doing these tags, was going to Pm you to meet up at The Touchdown café at Wellsbourne if you wanted, hence I left the tag's around Stratford, but the day we did them was on the spur of the moment, and late leaving Poole.

Maybe next year, we might arrange something.

But we did have a nice lunch there :D

And as [mention]skyrider[/mention] says, you got to sample the Menu's :cheers:

Hello Hoggs

just an idea for next year there are many statues of comedians throughout the uk how about any 10 for a bonus list

https://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/ccpsresearch/entry/more_statues_of/

regards

mike

Hi [mention]Hoggs[/mention] and [mention]mike_smith[/mention] , trouble with some of those, they're in the middle of towns!! so as long as we don't have to do them all!! Because I like to be on the open road more :D

But a good idea, there are a few outside towns or easy access, as this photo from 2018 shows.

449510802_Photo9Cumbria1LaurelandHardyStatue..thumb.JPG.1c244a0a765d5790ea4cce6a4839e65e.JPG

1284184103_ericmorecambe.jpg.2fa2181812ba820be62488ee3ea931a5.jpg

Eric is on the sea front at Morecambe easy parking

There are at least 17 in total so entrants can chose which ones to do - local ones in town centres with difficult parking such as Ken Dodd in Liverpool or ones further away but with easy parking

Just an idea

woah there! the 50 point bonus IS applied to east and west Midlands and also North and South Wales.

If it's a different colour on the map it's a different region.

So @mike_smith sounds like your scoring was correct.... unless you haven't got Gaydon museum in which case -50

I will try and check at some point, but things have been a bit crazy

My apologies...... I was going by the groups set out in the legend list, at some point I will adjust my score to reflect this

My apologies...... I was going by the groups set out in the legend list, at some point I will adjust my score to reflect this

no worries think I had limited groups so had to merge some. I promise at some point I will officially tally up! mainly as any unvisited tags will be rolling over to next year :lol:

hello

a few more ideas for next yearA pack-horse bridge over John o'Groats....y Howe __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfAshness Bridge (C) Kate Jewell __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfBakewell Pack Horse Bridge Ford (C) Bri... Payne __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfBridge over the River Medway, Yalding (...adwick __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfCromwell's Bridge (C) Philip Platt __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfGallox Bridge, Dunster (C) John Lord __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfHebden Bridge (C) David Dixon __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfMedbourne Pack Horse Bridge (C) Duncan Grey __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfMoulton Pack Horse bridge (C) Keith Evans __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfOld Pack Horse Bridge at Carrbridge (C)... Dixon __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfOld pack horse bridge, Ripponden,... (C...lifton __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfOxygrains Old Bridge (C) John Illingworth __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPack horse bridge Allerford (C) Dr Duncan Pepper __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPack Horse Bridge over River Knaik (C) ...Miller __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPack horse bridge over the River Tarran...-gheal __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPack Horse Bridge, Latheronwheel,... (C...tthews __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPack Horse Bridge, Linton, Yorkshire (C...lifton __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPack Horse Bridge, Romanby (C) Heather Holdridge __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPackhorse bridge, Clun (C) Carol Walker __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdfPendle Water and The Old Pack Bridge at... Dixon __ Geograph Britain and Ireland.pdf

@Hoggs just wondering I know I have not scored for a whilst but I notice I have dropped off the score board?

Hoping it's mistake...

Hello! I've been held hostage in Six30s basement. But I've now escaped and will do an update tomorrow :mrgreen:

No rush I have not got a tag for months...

As long as the release fee was not him being a moderator and trust after you resolved the situation Six30 is now in a place of his nightmares.

Although the places of Six30's nightmares is beyond my comprehension :shock:

I guess your still in recovery and forgot to put me in the scoring list :shock:

Hi guys, Sorry if this has been covered aleady. I did have a little look back but the answer wasn't too clear. Is there another challenge going ahead next year? I'm assuming there is, I have only joined yesterday and would love to take part but I think I'm better holding off until the next one :D :D

Thank you!

Q

Hi guys, Sorry if this has been covered aleady. I did have a little look back but the answer wasn't too clear. Is there another challenge going ahead next year? I'm assuming there is, I have only joined yesterday and would love to take part but I think I'm better holding off until the next one :D :D

Thank you!

Q

...yes if I can find time. but yes. yes I will find time. :?

Thank you!

Q

We won't hold our breathe then :roll:

Thank you!

Q

[mention]Hoggs[/mention] If there is anything I can do to help let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all big thanks go out to [mention]Hoggs[/mention]for setting this years challenge up, I'm more than happy with 3rd place as I did no tags for the last part of the year, I started strong, first person to break the 1000 mark THEN....... things didn't go my way as wasn't able to do the multiple day trips I had planned to accomplish my person target.