Xmas Thread!

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 3536
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 958 times
Been liked: 1186 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by XTreme » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:56 am

Seeing as it's Xmas the car has had it's annual wash. My bike cleaning and car cleaning routines are polar opposites!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

User avatar
rennie
Moderator
Posts: 33702
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha Midnight Star 1300
Location: Telford/ Smethwick
Challenge score: 180
Has liked: 2444 times
Been liked: 871 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by rennie » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:20 pm

This is The weirdest Christmas thread we've ever had! :lol:

All our shopping is done, I've wrapped presents and I now have cider :cheers:

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on TMBF

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :thumb: :cheers:
Ian.
2020 challenge: Pubs 3/10
Churches complete

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 3536
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 958 times
Been liked: 1186 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by XTreme » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:24 pm

rennie wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:20 pm
This is The weirdest Christmas thread we've ever had! :lol:
Things could have been so different if @Six30 had got the Mod gig Ian!

I have no doubt you'd be slimmed down and playing Vegas by now! :lol:

User avatar
JRH
The Hoggfather!
Posts: 4519
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:10 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Location: Warwickshire
Challenge score: 250
Has liked: 841 times
Been liked: 990 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by JRH » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:59 pm

XTreme wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:11 pm
so I'll be here in Spain with the missus. No family around as they're all thousands of miles away. :cry:


So come on guys......what you got planned?
Enjoy the peace and quiet @XTreme i have the stepdaughters and partners and a grand kid descending on us for Christmas, 3 of them for an extended period. :roll:
@Hoggs is being sensible and staying in London. Still I’ll be seeing her in the New Year for quality time and the London bike show :D
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750



2020 challenge 100


Pubs 6 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 2 / 12
South Wales 1 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 3536
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 958 times
Been liked: 1186 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by XTreme » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:17 pm

JRH wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:59 pm
XTreme wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:11 pm
so I'll be here in Spain with the missus. No family around as they're all thousands of miles away. :cry:


So come on guys......what you got planned?
Enjoy the peace and quiet @XTreme i have the stepdaughters and partners and a grand kid descending on us for Christmas, 3 of them for an extended period. :roll:
@Hoggs is being sensible and staying in London. Still I’ll be seeing her in the New Year for quality time and the London bike show :D
You going to be able to get out on the bike JRH?

User avatar
JRH
The Hoggfather!
Posts: 4519
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:10 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Location: Warwickshire
Challenge score: 250
Has liked: 841 times
Been liked: 990 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by JRH » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:27 pm

XTreme wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:17 pm
JRH wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:59 pm
XTreme wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:11 pm
so I'll be here in Spain with the missus. No family around as they're all thousands of miles away. :cry:


So come on guys......what you got planned?
Enjoy the peace and quiet @XTreme i have the stepdaughters and partners and a grand kid descending on us for Christmas, 3 of them for an extended period. :roll:
@Hoggs is being sensible and staying in London. Still I’ll be seeing her in the New Year for quality time and the London bike show :D
You going to be able to get out on the bike JRH?
I would like to to get out for some peace and quiet. But earliest opportunity will be Saturday or Sunday. :(
Weather permitting I will be out on New Year’s Day. :D
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750



2020 challenge 100


Pubs 6 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 2 / 12
South Wales 1 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 3536
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 958 times
Been liked: 1186 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by XTreme » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:30 pm

JRH wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:27 pm
XTreme wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:17 pm
JRH wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:59 pm


Enjoy the peace and quiet @XTreme i have the stepdaughters and partners and a grand kid descending on us for Christmas, 3 of them for an extended period. :roll:
@Hoggs is being sensible and staying in London. Still I’ll be seeing her in the New Year for quality time and the London bike show :D
You going to be able to get out on the bike JRH?
I would like to to get out for some peace and quiet. But earliest opportunity will be Saturday or Sunday. :(
Weather permitting I will be out on New Year’s Day. :D
I'll be out tomorrow for sure!

Nothing like pissing people off on Xmas Day! :lol:

Richzx6r
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 2107 times
Been liked: 724 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by Richzx6r » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:32 pm

I'll be stuck in with everyone, my bike is 250 miles away :|
Its better when its loaded

User avatar
Gerontious
Posts: 2307
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CRF1000D2 (DCT)
Location: Misty hills of Mapperley
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 1345 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by Gerontious » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:38 pm

Christmas which as a recently converted Jehovahs Witness.. I don't believe in - obviously

came early...

It actually stopped raining for a bit. So busy in my invisible dry.. condensation-free open air garage.

P1000013.JPG

Working tomorrow and the next day.. entirely by choice. :mrgreen:

happy hob nobs.... and a merry fig roll.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

User avatar
Smithers
Subscriber
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:33 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda NC750X
Location: South of the border down Mexico way.
Has liked: 797 times
Been liked: 450 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by Smithers » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Gerontious wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:38 pm
Christmas which as a recently converted Jehovahs Witness.. I don't believe in - obviously

came early...

It actually stopped raining for a bit. So busy in my invisible dry.. condensation-free open air garage.


P1000013.JPG


Working tomorrow and the next day.. entirely by choice. :mrgreen:

happy hob nobs.... and a merry fig roll.
Have you got the SPAM stickers for your tins?

Only joking. They look the business Gerontious :thumb:
Underneath every ponytail is a horses ass.

James in Brum
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by James in Brum » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:37 pm

I’m out now. Just paused at Cambridge services :-) just another 65 miles to go. Season’s seasonings.
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

User avatar
Bender
Subscriber
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 1747 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by Bender » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:04 pm

XTreme wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:30 pm
JRH wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:27 pm
XTreme wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:17 pm


You going to be able to get out on the bike JRH?
I would like to to get out for some peace and quiet. But earliest opportunity will be Saturday or Sunday. :(
Weather permitting I will be out on New Year’s Day. :D
I'll be out tomorrow for sure!

Nothing like pissing people off on Xmas Day! :lol:
I've done xmas in a country village in Spain, it was odd.

Pre service drinks with the old wives choir, all the men stayed at back of church and talked (it's Spain, shouted) through whole service, the nativity scene had a ferris wheel, a train and flashing lights, hadn't realised bethlehem was so advanced back in the day, the priest drank right through and was pissed, then at the end everyone gathered round to kiss the foot of baby jesus, ( rank old plastic doll)

Then everyone went to the pub to cary on shouting.
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Multi 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 1061 times
Been liked: 366 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by S-Westerly » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Sounds like Bishop Auckland on any given Saturday night.
Miles and miles of empty roads and I can't do f**k all!!

User avatar
Mickly
Subscriber
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 502 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by Mickly » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:24 pm

The usual route to an Xmas morning hangover has been brought to a halt as we’re visiting the grandkids in the morning & then to friends for dinner & much joviality - staying over so hangover will be Boxing Day, although we’ve got about 20 family members converging on our gaff Boxing Day afternoon - will I survive??
I usually do.
2020 challenge points

Richzx6r
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 2107 times
Been liked: 724 times

Re: Xmas Thread!

Post by Richzx6r » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:25 pm

Mickly wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:24 pm
The usual route to an Xmas morning hangover has been brought to a halt as we’re visiting the grandkids in the morning & then to friends for dinner & much joviality - staying over so hangover will be Boxing Day, although we’ve got about 20 family members converging on our gaff Boxing Day afternoon - will I survive??
I usually do.
Could be a bridge too far there mickly
Its better when its loaded

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests