Current Affairs comments.

Smithers

Is that the democratic process that gives a huge chunk of 'votes' to a trade union? To be honest I know very little about the process of selecting Labour leaders other than they've thrown up some real losers.

The thing is. Its got nothing to do with anybody else but the people who have the right to vote.

If you feel the labour party have elected a succession of losers then thats your prerogative but in the same vain its got knack all to do with you as you're clearly not a member of the labour party. And i very much doubt a union member.

[mention]NeilM[/mention] ......We live in a world where the brainwashed are so obsessed with Labour leaders, yet find nothing suspicious about the "People's PM" celebrating his election victory at a party thrown especially for him by a former KGB agent!

Is that the democratic process that gives a huge chunk of 'votes' to a trade union? To be honest I know very little about the process of selecting Labour leaders other than they've thrown up some real losers.

The thing is. Its got nothing to do with anybody else but the people who have the right to vote.

If you feel the labour party have elected a succession of losers then thats your prerogative but in the same vain its got knack all to do with you as you're clearly not a member of the labour party. And i very much doubt a union member.

can you not still pay £3.00 to join Labour party as loads of Conservatives members did in 2015, so they could vote for the twat that is Corbyn to become leader cause they knew what a disaster he would be..... they wasn't wrong :lol:

Actually so far as being a union member goes you'd be wrong as I'm a member of NUMAST. It's even TUC affiliated. Your absolutely right that I'm not a member of the Labour Party and how / who they select to lead them is sod all to do with me. Except it is as it's people who aren't Labour members who need to be persuaded that whoever they select are fit to govern.

Really think the Labour Party should go back and look at the Tribune Group and Fabian Society for a more level headed look of politics, left wing thinking is killing off any chance of an opposition in Parliament, I was a member of the Labour party and a shop steward some 20 years ago, This time I voted Tory but still believe we should have a considered opposition , New Labour and Momentum have killed the ethos of what means Labour off

There are 2 "papers" banned from our house.

Ones the Mail others the Sun

We don't buy newspapers but if we did those would both be banned along with the express. How they can call themselves 'news' in beyond me, for example.

28o6hKqXvzs5DmZhJD2YA7Eq4dg9XR5GcSOmBVUqS54.png?auto=webp&s=40c8043603b3d1966577294455698c83421d91c7

Blair.JPG

What a surprise. The most reviled political leader this country has ever had. It beats me that this bloke still has influence in so many countries.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/28/tony-blair-sought-eu-funding-trying-stop-brexit/

Seem to have a short memory there......

That lying, deceitful, despot Thatcher must have been the most hated?

But if you would share the data source of your assertion I might be persuaded.

Blair.JPG

What a surprise. The most reviled political leader this country has ever had. It beats me that this bloke still has influence in so many countries.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/28/tony-blair-sought-eu-funding-trying-stop-brexit/

Data sources are too many to mention. Agreed Thatcher decimated the mining industry and bought the all powerful unions to heel, hardly the act of a despot? But, she wasn't responsible for the death of many British servicemen and thousands of innocent civilians after escalating the war in Iraq under the false pretences of WMD, so as he could look good joining forces with George Dubya.

Guest Richzx6r

Blair.JPG

Data sources are too many to mention. Agreed Thatcher decimated the mining industry and bought the all powerful unions to heel, hardly the act of a despot? But, she wasn't responsible for the death of many British servicemen and thousands of innocent civilians after escalating the war in Iraq under the false pretences of WKD, so as he could look good joining forces with George Dubya.

Edited :thumb:

For hated and reviled leaders both of them managed significantly better election results than their successors. I suppose that says a lot about the average British voter. The mobs of antis waving placards never seem to follow through with electoral success. I wonder why?

@S-Westerly

Actually so far as being a union member goes you'd be wrong as I'm a member of NUMAST.

Is that what you shout when you sail under a low bridge

They've actually changed the name to Nautilus, not sure what is supposed to mean if

anything. As to low bridges a calculated clearance of 2 metres sounds reasonable until you are actually approaching the bridge, then you really hope that the calculations were correct and your height is really 40 metres

Last time I had to sail under a bridge we just all sat on one side so the mast tipped over enough to clear the bridge.

Try that!

I think if all 24 of us sit on one side we aren't going to have much luck tipping 158,000 tonnes. Very rarely someone does get their calculations wrong and apart from being out of a job you can be on YouTube - not a good look.

Last time I had to sail under a bridge we just all sat on one side so the mast tipped over enough to clear the bridge.

Try that!

I think if all 24 of us sit on one side we aren't going to have much luck tipping 158,000 tonnes. Very rarely someone does get their calculations wrong and apart from being out of a job you can be on YouTube - not a good look.

You need to eat more pies then. I knew a Chinese cook on a ship who was so fat that he couldn't get outside of the superstructure. When he died they had to crane him out via the hold. I bet he'd tip it a bit.