What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

Just finished fitting the dual camera system to the bike, I wired it straight to the battery as not the best when it comes to electrical devices and connecting them to existing power sources so decided on the easy option, it turns off after 10 seconds of it detecting no motion and switches on pretty much as soon as the device detects movement so I'm not too worried about it draining the battery and as its under the pillion seat its not too much to switch it off manually :thumb:

What did you fit? Any video yet?

Guest Richzx6r

Just finished fitting the dual camera system to the bike, I wired it straight to the battery as not the best when it comes to electrical devices and connecting them to existing power sources so decided on the easy option, it turns off after 10 seconds of it detecting no motion and switches on pretty much as soon as the device detects movement so I'm not too worried about it draining the battery and as its under the pillion seat its not too much to switch it off manually :thumb:

Its called motorcycle recorder don't have any other details than that, but it's a dual front a rear camera set up, got it off Ebay for around 30 quid.

I will be getting out on the bike on Monday so I'll get some footage then

https://i.imgur.com/xHabs4H.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

New front pads time!

https://i.imgur.com/w2NGVM2.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Ahhh, new AKAs fitted instead. Work okay so far but nowhere near bedded in yet so will hold judgement just yet. More importantly I also greased the pivot for the front brake lever so now the brake doesn't come on in a serious of sudden jerks, it's bloody marvellous 8-)

Nothing to mine! but a mate came round on his new toy

80718760_168276100906041_2137558154672603136_o.jpg

So its the law to take it for a blast!

I said I would be ten minutes! an hour later I came back with a big grin on my face :lol:

Cracking bike to ride so balanced and smooth

Proper hardcore today [mention]XTreme[/mention] only 7 degrees here!!

I said I would be ten minutes! an hour later I came back with a big grin on my face :lol:

Proper hardcore today @XTreme only 7 degrees here!!

F800GS Stu?

How did you find it?

Proper hardcore today @XTreme only 7 degrees here!!

F800GS Stu?

How did you find it?

Yes thats right

I found it pretty fun to be honest, a really good bike and took to it like a duck to water! so easy to ride too everything was effortless.

I wouldn't have one for touring with the missus but as a bit of a toy it would certainly be a contender

Its called motorcycle recorder don't have any other details than that, but it's a dual front a rear camera set up, got it off Ebay for around 30 quid.

I will be getting out on the bike on Monday so I'll get some footage then

if you have bought the same one as I did it says data is corrupted when recorded on 1080p. I bought two so I could have one on each bike without having to swap stuff around and both are the same so I leave it in 720p mode full time

Got the Bobber out, walked up to the road to check the conditions and went arse over tit on black ice. Put the Bobber away and got the Honda out, it survives salt a bit better.

Made the mistake of taking the short cut past Oulton Park where the road by the mere is sheet ice and nearly ended up in the lake. Then took a wrong turn somewhere between Whitchurch and Ruabon, ended up at Bangor on Dee, but it's a lovely road to ride so I'll add it to my route in future.

Currently at the Ponderosa defrosting.IMG_20191230_110959163.thumb.jpg.6ea86680a4d1ebc85ff8fdc1faacea81.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xHabs4H.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

New front pads time!

https://i.imgur.com/w2NGVM2.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Ahhh, new AKAs fitted instead. Work okay so far but nowhere near bedded in yet so will hold judgement just yet. More importantly I also greased the pivot for the front brake lever so now the brake doesn't come on in a serious of sudden jerks, it's bloody marvellous 8-)

Make sure you test them in wet weather once they are bedded in.

When I first got my R1, front brakes were great in the dry, first sign of rain and was shocked as to how crap they were.

Needless to say, I soon changed them.

Make sure you test them in wet weather once they are bedded in.

When I first got my R1, front brakes were great in the dry, first sign of rain and was shocked as to how crap they were.

Needless to say, I soon changed them.

I'm sure I will get plenty of chances to test them in the wet.. They are replacing some "Rhino" branded pads which lagged badly in the wet, someone has to test these things!

Guest Richzx6r

Be careful on the ride home mate, don't want 2 forum members in hospital in one day

So who is the other 1 ?

I was till earlier, I discharged myself as I didn't want to be staying in overnight

Be careful on the ride home mate, don't want 2 forum members in hospital in one day

So who is the other 1 ?

I was till earlier, I discharged myself as I didn't want to be staying in overnight

You really want to be careful how you phrase things on here.

Guest Richzx6r

So who is the other 1 ?

You really want to be careful how you phrase things on here.

How you mean mate? I'm confused lol sorry

Pulled the carbs off the ER5 for a strip down and inspection . Found out why one of the float needles was sticking closed ( it's normally the other way round with ER5,s ) gave it a tickle with some 2500 grit paper , put it all back together and vrooom , a good steady idle after one minute of choke.

Polish_20191230_115508158.thumb.jpg.cc119c1a080003495525eb1cb602cf19.jpg

not just today, but part of it, while off before xmas I started to respray the replacement front cowl for the 600, only to discover the base coat paint I thought I had bought turned out to be a top coat (colour is pearl sienna red), and base coat is actually a silvery colour, with a red topcoat to get the right tone for matching. So, having now got all the correct paints from one Uk supplier instead of from Germany where I got the other, on friday I went to my garage to bring the panels back here and strip back to the beginning, ready for redoing. I put both panels in a drawstring bag that I wore across my back and over my shoulder. my trip home involves town roads so at 30-40mph, and a good stretch of dual carriageway so get going at a good lick. got home only to find I no longer have the panels?????? have been back over my route twice but there is no sign of them.

That's a bit of a bummer. It happened to me once with a fishing rod in a drawstring rod bag. I Iost half the rod, the other half was still there. The thing is, it was really difficult to get the rod out of the bag usually.

Had the bag come open?

Been cleaning and prepping the bike!

And as part of what I did, I sprayed the fork legs......as black paint had been peeling off! Probably due to stone chips with all the rough roads I've been on.

Looks a lot better now.......I couldn't do a full frontal shot until that was sorted. Here's before and after!

IMG_20191231_131232.thumb.jpg.9eeeb48fae9c1d14d54641ce518ef092.jpg

IMG_20191231_145341.thumb.jpg.e34543e0babf30c8d3a44102d0e2c0c6.jpg