Is this socket set ok for bikes?

Another vote for the Halfords pro ratchet spanner’s. Mine have been excellent. Just be aware that the ratchet mechanism isn’t included in the lifetime warranty. But you don’t use them on really tight stuff, loosen with a socket or normal spanner, then switch to the ratchet.

So I need a set of spanners too??

Two sets of spanners!

Two of every size so you can hold the bolt while you undo the nut :wink:

Hang on. This is quite quickly getting out of hand.

I now have a set of sockets, can I just get a non-ratchet handle? Will that make them spanners?

Sort of. But can you get a socket on every nut and bolt?

Indicators are often held on with a nut but you can’t use a socket as the cable is often fed through the bolt par and so you need an open ended spanner.

All my fairings are held on with allen headed bolts.

:wink:

Tools are very addictive, even ones that you hardly use or need regularly. Having the best or the right tool for the job can’t be emphasised enough. When you find and use the exact tool needed for tackling a particular job, wow what a buzz. Non ‘toolies’ just don’t understand us.

@JRH, those last two drawers are an utter disgrace!

Get out there and get them in size order immediately! :lol:

You know, that’s what I thought when I took the photo. So it will be first non the list for the new year garage tidy up. :D

I know the condition well, my work partner used to buy tools and put them in the wardrobe because they were "too good to use" :lol:

I'm fortunate in that I like good tools, but I'm happy with one toolbox and a few more things in the shed, like socket set etc.

I don't want an addiction. Or a shed load of tools. Can someone put a link to a non-ratcheting handle please?

Have a look here

https://www.google.com/search?q=socket+sliding+tee+handles&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi5wYfw1-DmAhULIRoKHaLyCm8Q2-cCegQIABAC&oq=socket+sliding+tee+handles&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3..30i10.19987.22032..23115...0.0..0.104.577.7j1......0....1.2TdBIDa_igA&ei=NqoLXrnOLYvCaKLlq_gG&bih=659&biw=1024&prmd=sivn&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB693GB693&hl=en-GB

My tools have been collected from about 1970 when I did all my own work on cars and bikes.

I soon learnt cheap tools were a false economy with broken spanners, sockets and wrenches.

Have fun with tools. :thumb:

Welcome to the wonderful world of tool addiction.

What tool addiction

DB11E874-67AA-438D-B51A-0D575161512F.jpegA53E7BE5-A50B-4246-BFF2-4A79039603DE.jpeg8109001E-EEF9-4911-A344-CB9AC0922A6E.jpeg

A small selection. :roll:

Wish my tool drawers were as tidy as yours, guess I'm just a chav :oops:

Not a lot there!

I've got a full set of sockets and spanners up to 1.5 inch (ring and open ended spanners), including Whitworth's (BSW)up to 2"; metric, imperial and BA.

At least 20 different screwdrivers; axle splitters; gear pullers; clutch tools; spring compressor; valve lapper; etc. etc. etc.

Don't get me started on hammers and mallets; saws; files; etc.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Not a lot there!

I've got a full set of sockets and spanners up to 1.5 inch (ring and open ended spanners), including Whitworth's (BSW)up to 2"; metric, imperial and BA.

At least 20 different screwdrivers; axle splitters; gear pullers; clutch tools; spring compressor; valve lapper; etc. etc. etc.

That is 2 draws in the one too chest. There are 2 more 3 draw units and two shelving units. Also a large e draw units sith power and air tools. Plus the screwdriver tool boxes and several socket sets.

I've got far to many tools. :roll:

Someone has too much time on his hands :roll:

@JRH if I give you my address will you sort my garage out :mrgreen:

Had to tidy up needed small needle nose pliers. They were buried under the spanners. Back in the pliers draw now. :lol:

Not a lot there!

That is 2 draws in the one too chest. There are 2 more 3 draw units and two shelving units. Also a large e draw units sith power and air tools. Plus the screwdriver tool boxes and several socket sets.

I've got far to many tools. :roll:

I’ll take some off your hands if you want 🤣