What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

Well, what I did to my bike today was a very very small modification which will make my riding experience much more enjoyable. DCA8BA88-E766-454E-B64E-7A339EBE7A88.jpeg.4e3df99f95e2fd58eda29a754e14dbf2.jpeg' alt='DCA8BA88-E766-454E-B64E-7A339EBE7A88.jpeg.4e3df99f95e2fd58eda29a754e14dbf2.jpeg'>

For those that ride a BMW F800ST and have large hands they’ll know the problem.

For those that don’t, have a guess. It’s the red thing in the pic and is a temporary measure till I make a permanent one.

Well, what I did to my bike today was a very very small modification which will make my riding experience much more enjoyable. DCA8BA88-E766-454E-B64E-7A339EBE7A88.jpeg

For those that don’t, have a guess. It’s the red thing in the pic and is a temporary measure till I make a permanent one.

Hazards?

Well, what I did to my bike today was a very very small modification which will make my riding experience much more enjoyable. DCA8BA88-E766-454E-B64E-7A339EBE7A88.jpeg

Hazards?

Nope.

The indicators are left on left handlebar and right on right handlebar with the cancel for both on the right handlebar.

I found that the gap between both switches was too small if you're wearing gloves so instead of cancelling I could inadvertently engage the right indicator and it was also interfering with the throttle because I was having to move my hand to cancel the indicator. So because I couldn't alter the gap between the two I came up with the idea of heightening the cancel switch to see if that worked and it does. Just a temporary measure until I make the refined version.

BMW reverted back to the usual way of doing things on the GT which just goes to prove it was a damn silly idea in the first place.

Nice improvement @XTreme

You pulled the trigger on an F800GS yet Stu........or has the missus put the kybosh on it? :lol:

It will never happen!

While they are a nice bike I can't see me and the wife touring on one of those!

Well I went out.......but take a look at this!

This level of fly splattering is not normal for Winter!

All the front of the bike, my visor, and even my helmet cam......all covered in it.

I have to bin most of the video footage I took today......it looks like somebody's puked over the lens.

IMG_20200101_155216.thumb.jpg.9eb16d28db537fdef155efa40c52885d.jpg

Dragged the ER5 indoors for general fettling . I've taken off the daft handlebars incase I decide to sell it and fixed some dodgy wiring to one of the back indicators . If I do sell it I shall be very sad to see it go . We've had some lovely adventures over the last two years and it's given me the chance to keep my mechanical skills up to date.

IMG_20200101_194543497.thumb.jpg.4aba311331da52f7c984c5c98bf4c9ae.jpg

You got the bike in the house Bob?

You can't be married? Woman have a thing about bikes in houses!

Er i have to stop my Wife wanting to bring her bike in the house .

To ease her displeasure of my refusal the garage is now heated overnight and her bike has a cupboard heater under it permanently and covered ....

Er i have to stop my Wife wanting to bring her bike in the house .

To ease her displeasure of my refusal the garage is now heated overnight and her bike has a cupboard heater under it permanently and covered ....

If she's into bikes then it's a different situation Tim.

Those of us with non-biker wives don't get as much cooperation.

I was engaged at one point years ago but oddly enough things deteriorated when I bought a bike into the house . I tried putting a house plant on top of it and even suggested that it would be handy for drying her underwear on but it quickly became apparent that she did not share my sense of humour . Probably a blessing in the long run .

Funny how women dislike automotive stuff in the house.

Many moons ago I was with a girl who couldn't quite understand that the bathtub was the best place to clean up the cylinder heads from a Ford Essex V6.

Funny how women dislike automotive stuff in the house.

Many moons ago I was with a girl who couldn't quite understand that the bathtub was the best place to clean up the cylinder heads from a Ford Essex V6.

The ex wife was all excited when I put the dishwasher on!

Not so excited when she didn't know what cupboard a clutch basket went in :?

I wrecked our last dishwasher putting a cylinder head in it. My biggest boo boo was taking an angle grinder to a rusty old car and forgetting to shut the door between the garage and the house. Everything was covered in a fine red dust. I have no idea why she puts up with me.

I wrecked our last dishwasher putting a cylinder head in it. My biggest boo boo was taking an angle grinder to a rusty old car and forgetting to shut the door between the garage and the house. Everything was covered in a fine red dust. I have no idea why she puts up with me.

I think the worst here was when the brushes on a grinder self destructed while in the house - really fine static black dust everywhere and the smell was awful. :(