What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
MikeHorton
Bike(s): Yamaha Tracer 900GT,
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

Post by MikeHorton » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 am

Beans wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:58 pm
Looks great @MikeHorton but I have to disagree with the "relatively cheap" as You shouldn't have to pay anything for fender extenders etc, they should be factory fitted. It makes me rather cross. At what point did motorcycle manufacturers decide that machines intended for the northern hemisphere didn't need mudguards?
I agree with you, but by more cost effective I mean I didn't buy the Yamaha parts I bought pyramid ones which look the part and cost a third of the price. Let's face it all manufacturers do this sort of thing now. You just have to be a bit more savvy when shopping around for these bits I'm afraid but you are right they should leave the factory with suitable length bits like that.

Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

MikeHorton

Post by MikeHorton » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:00 am

Beans wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:59 pm
Washed two bikes and one car. Started at 10am. With a lunch break and a couple of brew breaks I finished at 5.30. Still got to lube the chains. Seems a long time. Highlight was cleaning stainless steel exhausts with autosol, and them looking better and better the more I used.
Mine had the autosol treatment too and looks much better for it, great product. Belgom Alu is a great product to use in the summer it's milder but offers a layer of protection

JRH
The Hoggfather!
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Challenge score: 250
Has liked: 840 times
Been liked: 990 times

Post by JRH » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Rode it to CMC Cannock. Had a fry up in the cafe. Looked at bikes and then rode home
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2020 challenge 100

Pubs 6 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 2 / 12
South Wales 1 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15

XTreme
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Has liked: 945 times
Been liked: 1168 times

Post by XTreme » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:10 pm

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 3134 times
Been liked: 2816 times

Post by Stu » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:39 pm

stripped the BMW some more :shock:
IMG_20200105_172326.jpg
I will get this bike finished one day :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

Justarn
Bike(s): Xjr1200
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 195 times

Post by Justarn » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:33 pm

Fitted a thruxton r brembo master cylinder, all except banjo as it was a single grrrr...
Fitted over racing titanium frame braces :P
Waiting on the healtec quickshifter, been a busy winter so far.. added dynotec rev limiter and got the tail light professionally soldered as it was a cheap Chinese one and kept failing.
Fitted r and g bar ends.
Looking sweeet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Custom xjr muscle

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 610 times
Been liked: 1715 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:42 pm

Went to visit a couple of chaps in hospitals. On the second visit, a small local cottage hospital, the guy I went to see was in a men's ward with two other blokes. I don't think they'd had many visitors but when I arrived in riding gear they started to ask about my bikes.

Turned out they'd ridden bikes back in the 50s and 60s so we had a really good conversation. Then one of the nurses joined in because her dad had ridden back in the day.

It was a brilliant way to spend a dull afternoon and the chaps in hospital said they'd enjoyed it. The memories of their bikes made them feel much better.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

MikeHorton

Post by MikeHorton » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:42 pm
Went to visit a couple of chaps in hospitals. On the second visit, a small local cottage hospital, the guy I went to see was in a men's ward with two other blokes. I don't think they'd had many visitors but when I arrived in riding gear they started to ask about my bikes.

Turned out they'd ridden bikes back in the 50s and 60s so we had a really good conversation. Then one of the nurses joined in because her dad had ridden back in the day.

It was a brilliant way to spend a dull afternoon and the chaps in hospital said they'd enjoyed it. The memories of their bikes made them feel much better.
Sounds like a great and rewarding day. I met 2 older bikers on Sunday at the top of Malvern one with an 18 plate triumph the other with a 1967 model they had a lot to talk about!

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Has liked: 3255 times
Been liked: 3063 times

Post by fastbob » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:25 pm

MikeHorton wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:04 pm
Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:42 pm

Sounds like a great and rewarding day. I met 2 older bikers on Sunday at the top of Malvern one with an 18 plate triumph the other with a 1967 model they had a lot to talk about!
One of my favourite ride out destinations . A great selection of hot and cold batches ( Rolls , Cobs , Baps etc ) Fifty odd flavours of local ice cream and home made cakes to die for . Free bike parking and brilliant roads all around .https://images.app.goo.gl/AvYqNFNUH3QEgxieA
Last edited by fastbob on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 492 times

Post by skyrider » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:35 pm

or even an oven bottom :)
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Snod Blatter
Bike(s): CBX250RS-E CB250N Two Fifty TRX850 K100RS Z250SL
Has liked: 903 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Snod Blatter » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:22 pm

Yesterday I jumped on the Kawasaki ready to leave for work as I do most Mondays, rode it to the top of the drive and it all turned off.. Wiggling the ignition switch did nothing. It was dead. Cue digging out the K100, heaving it to the top of the driveway (it's so very uphill) and.. It wouldn't start. I tried bumping it but it didn't catch. Tried the starter again and round it went, dirty brushes in the starter strike again! It needed some use, the battery is only now charged enough to stop the ABS light blinking, but boy was I knackered by the end of it.

A quick check of the Kawasaki reveals a big wire that goes to the ignition barrel has corroded and come away from the connector block, just like what happened a couple of years ago. This time I'll have to splice some wire in because I've had to chop so much out that it won't reach! Certainly they don't make 'em like they used to :roll:

I have a training day up near Wakefield on Thursday, I hope the BMW makes it!

Richzx6r
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Has liked: 2099 times
Been liked: 721 times

Post by Richzx6r » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Decided to change the n/s front indicator as its been dangling on the wire for long enough, all I need to do now is sort out the connection block as per the original which I'll probably get my local bike shop to do, then its back on with the nose fairing....and then I'm going to get out for a while and test the camera system like I have been wanting to do for quite some time now
Its better when its loaded

billy sugger
Bike(s): Cb125t2 cb250TWOFIFTY cb500 cbf600sa8
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by billy sugger » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:11 am

Tried to get the dash on the 600 working properly. uncovered it and fired it up Monday morning only to find the digital clock was off (no digits), and the trip/odometer just displaying a row of dashes. when trying to get them to reset I found the clock had migrate.d to the odometer side :?: :?:
currently riding it without them working, so it wont have a true mileage reading for a while so will have to travel to my garage on Friday and see if I can fix it
I'm not weird, just wired differently :lol:

elwon20
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by elwon20 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:42 am

Arranged return of Mrs new cbr after having fork seal and cam pulse sensor fixed, they're going to deliver it to my work Tuesday, so I'll have to ride it 1 mile home with an engine mount missing.

About to try and book it in with local mechanic to get the engine mounting welded.

Because it's super wet I didn't feel like taking the Mrs' old SV650 to work, it's just so jerky at low speeds, it's horrible to ride around town when it's slippery. The gritters haven't been out in a while so I've taken my Suzi to work instead.

Ian Frog
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZRX1200R, 2003 Supercharged Busa, 2005 Busa
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Ian Frog » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:04 am

Took Rex for her M.O.T this morning.
Pleased to report all good and a nice ride on quiet roads.
Cheers
Ian
20180405_123008.jpg

Return to “Motorbike Chat”