Moterbike oils

Quackerzakieee

Going back to the beginning , when you say the oil is creaming up , what exactly do you mean ? Just because the sight glass is fogged up with a bit of emulsion dosen't mean all 3.4 litres have turned into mayonnaise . Place the bike on the side stand with a plank under the rear wheel and pop the clutch cover off for a look around . I'm thinking this is nowhere as bad as you think is.

If that is all there is and you're only doing short journeys then it's probably nothing to worry about, especially if the coolant level is ok.

Wipe it out. Go for a long ride and get the engine hot (I did 30 miles today and it only just registered on the gauge, so you might need to let it tick over for a bit, mine only got warm when I was in traffic) then see what the cap looks like.

Was about worse than that but took abit off before taking the pic got another one of the casing but when I did the oil change the oil its self looked alright but since this problem I've now got a noisy clutch so going to have to take casing off and have a look when I get paid [/img]20200110_113958.thumb.jpg.226e50d839ec5defaa2adf6b34a28d29.jpg

[/img]20200110_113947.jpg

Is that it ? Stop worrying about it . Perfectly normal in winter . Regarding the noisy clutch , having a quick look inside is really very easy to do . As you may know I have an ER5 and I have even had my clutch out at the roadside , it's that easy . All you need is a 10mm socket and wrench and an Allen Key to get the screws out . If you're lucky you won't even need a gasket . No need to drain the oil either . Let me know if you need help and I can talk you through it .

Yeah that's pretty much it just been worried as since never having this problem before and clutch rattling aswell got me worried with the amount of engine problems I've already had with this bike

Well just be careful riding with a rattling clutch . If it were me I'd definitely investigate the rattle before something catastrophic or dangerous happens . More than likely it's the primary drive chain that's rattling . If that is very loose, unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it without a full engine split . Might be something else . I stripped out my clutch at the roadside in the middle of nowhere because I was convinced that a spring bolt had come loose only to discover that it was a sprocket bolt hitting the chain guard .

Hi all had a look inside clutch and think I've found what it is making noise by the looks of it it is the clutch scraping on the casing 20200112_105022.jpg

20200112_105014.jpg

Here's your rattle . Let me have a think about this . I'll get back to you .

Polish_20200112_120008662.thumb.png.c01bb980fac84708435c9ea9b672ddca.png

The main thing I can suggest is that you check to see if the big nut that holds the clutch basket onto the shaft is properly torqued up . The only other thing , and this would apply only if the noise occurred when the clutch was pulled in , is that the plates are either too thick ( unlikely ) or that they are warped . But I would imagine that you'd be feeling clutch drag if this were the case .

Polish_20200112_123623133.thumb.png.c44677b5d878f5ef3775f7274c3b874d.png

The noise is there when idling and goes away abit when I pull clutch leaver in

Which is the opposite to what I would expect. So definitely make sure the clutch nut is done up . If it is then all I can suggest is that there is some end float on the shaft and not much you can do about it . I'll pop the cover off my spare engine to have a look for similar wear marks . Oh yeah , can you either like or quote my replies so that I can see a notification ? Cheers .

Ok will do bud going to have another look next weekend got alot I still need to do today so ran out of time for this week

No worries I'm just off to whip the cover off that old engine while it's still daylight .