Insurance rant

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

Yeah basically having a rant, so last year my insurance for the bike was £560 or there abouts now just got a renewal quote of £2666.39.......what the f**k is going on nothing has changed in my circumstances so why has it given me a renewal like that :x

They've seen your antics on here....

But seriously, that's got to be a glitch in their system. Do the usual gathering of quotes followed by the usual haggling.

What annoys me about insurance most of all is that if you have an accident which is the other person's fault and they cover the cost of repairs your own insurance premiums still go up just because you've been involved in an accident.

My wife has twice been hit by trucks recently. Both times she was stationary and both drivers admitted they were to blame. In both cases I've had to do the legwork dealing with the truck companies and getting the car repaired because there's no point getting our insurance involved. You wonder what you pay them for.

Guest Richzx6r

They've seen your antics on here....

But seriously, that's got to be a glitch in their system. Do the usual gathering of quotes followed by the usual haggling.

What annoys me about insurance most of all is that if you have an accident which is the other person's fault and they cover the cost of repairs your own insurance premiums still go up just because you've been involved in an accident.

My wife has twice been hit by trucks recently. Both times she was stationary and both drivers admitted they were to blame. In both cases I've had to do the legwork dealing with the truck companies and getting the car repaired because there's no point getting our insurance involved. You wonder what you pay them for.

Yea it makes me mad, I'll try the lot advertised on here first

I don’t want to think about insurances as my blood start boiling.

Yes that is stupidity to increase my premium if I was hit by other driver and no blame on me, as well in that case other driver insurance is about to pay so it is just legalised blood sucking.

I understand your fury Rich, my first quote was 17000

Yeah basically having a rant, so last year my insurance for the bike was £560 or there abouts now just got a renewal quote of £2666.39.......what the f**k is going on nothing has changed in my circumstances so why has it given me a renewal like that :x

I wouldn't even waste my time responding to that. Just go on a comparison site. get a quote that suits you. buy it. job done.

I might be a bit vindictive and contact the original insurer afterwards. (for my NCB) and tell them exactly why they lost my business.

But, if they are so incompetent that their systems doesn't flag up a mistake like that.. then my confidence in them is - nothing.

If that quote is genuine and not a clerical error, it's the insurance companies way of telling you they don't want to insure you, I'm not in a position to speculate why. It's an old insurance company method to shed customers.

If that quote is genuine and not a clerical error, it's the insurance companies way of telling you they don't want to insure you, I'm not in a position to speculate why. It's an old insurance company method to shed customers.

always useful.

a bit of blame shifting and consequential paranoia.

anything to lighten an otherwise dull afternoon.

what he's saying rich.. it might be YOUR FAULT.

Guest Richzx6r

I wouldn't even waste my time responding to that. Just go on a comparison site. get a quote that suits you. buy it. job done.

I might be a bit vindictive and contact the original insurer afterwards. (for my NCB) and tell them exactly why they lost my business.

But, if they are so incompetent that their systems doesn't flag up a mistake like that.. then my confidence in them is - nothing.

I'd never pay that kinda premium even if I was a new rider/driver so I'll be shopping around see what I can come up with

always useful.

a bit of blame shifting and consequential paranoia.

anything to lighten an otherwise dull afternoon.

what he's saying rich.. it might be YOUR FAULT.

I wasn't saying it was Rich's fault at all, don't take it out of context. It's just a fact of life, I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. It could be a rise in crime in a post code or some other event out of his control. My best guess would be a clerical error.

Guest Richzx6r

Rich was nominated for an award on here. Surely that's got have had some influence on his insurance?

Just wait until the winner gets his renewal 😆

I have no idea what award that was :angel12:

Guest Richzx6r

Just renewed - Fully Comp SD&P; Legal cover; Breakdown Cover; Gear & leathers (textiles) cover inc helmet; Coutesy Bike; Protected NCB £150 (robbery!)

:roll:

Who was that with?

Guest Richzx6r

:scratch: got my renewal in post, for my Gsx750f and a 1958 moped on a multibike policy fully comp inc travel to work.... £130. Ive passed my test not even 2years yet! 😀🤢🏍️🏍️🏍️

.......how :bang:

:scratch: got my renewal in post, for my Gsx750f and a 1958 moped on a multibike policy fully comp inc travel to work.... £130. Ive passed my test not even 2years yet! 😀🤢🏍️🏍️🏍️

.......how :bang:

i used my head and insured a 50cc moped years before i had test and used it now and again, but kept a full motorcycle policy on it.. So.... I have now 7years no claims bonus as i didnt have a off in whole time 😀.. Best to get road experience before test 🛵🛵🛵🛵

Same here, first year of insurance on my fazer was £450 3rd party fire an theft, then at renewal the company wanted the same money, I've shopped around and I got the same cover for £139 plus less excess plus free legal cover.

Loyalty to a company is not good, as far as I've noticed.

Loyalty to a company is not good, as far as I've noticed.

It never has been in the 30 years I've been insuring cars and bikes. Fortunately it's piss easy to create an account on confused.com, run the search with all you details saved from last time and pick the cheapest. You used to have to phone them all up and spend 15 minutes per quote with someone who was insisting they were doing you a favour only to come up with double your cheapest quote. From memory the only loyalty worth keeping was to a local broker you knew well enough to trust to do the leg work for you.