Extradition alternative

MarkW

If Boris was serious about justice for Harry Dunn he could appoint the lads father as the next UK ambassador to the US, whereupon his wife could fly out to join him, bump off Anne Sacoolas and then return to the UK, claiming diplomatic immunity.

Simples! :thumb:

what a skip rat of a human she is ...

Correct, as are the amoral vermin protecting her. Or perhaps they think they're being helpful - sparing us all the hassle of our bothersome legal processes by unilaterally deciding it was an 'accident' and that a prison sentence would be 'inappropriate'.

..... perhaps they think they're being helpful - sparing us all the hassle of our bothersome legal processes by unilaterally deciding it was an 'accident' and that a prison sentence would be 'inappropriate'.

I have every sympathy with the Dunn family. I also think that the driver responsible for the boy's death should have stayed to face the music.

However, I fear that regardless of whether she had stayed or not, or even if she were to return in the future, the family are never going to be happy with the outcome. Many people have been charged after a fatal road traffic incident but few have been jailed without overwhelming evidence of dangerous driving. There is a possibility that the driver in this case would be charged not with causing death by dangerous driving, or even dangerous driving, but with careless driving. It depends on all the evidence of course, but many people have been responsible for a road death, have been charged and found guilty and have been given a small fine. I can't see how this would make the Dunns feel any better than they do now. The boy's dead and nothing can bring him back.

Executing the driver isn't justice, it's revenge. I hope the family find peace.

..... perhaps they think they're being helpful - sparing us all the hassle of our bothersome legal processes by unilaterally deciding it was an 'accident' and that a prison sentence would be 'inappropriate'.

I have every sympathy with the Dunn family. I also think that the driver responsible for the boy's death should have stayed to face the music.

However, I fear that regardless of whether she had stayed or not, or even if she were to return in the future, the family are never going to be happy with the outcome. Many people have been charged after a fatal road traffic incident but few have been jailed without overwhelming evidence of dangerous driving. There is a possibility that the driver in this case would be charged not with causing death by dangerous driving, or even dangerous driving, but with careless driving. It depends on all the evidence of course, but many people have been responsible for a road death, have been charged and found guilty and have been given a small fine. I can't see how this would make the Dunns feel any better than they do now. The boy's dead and nothing can bring him back.

Executing the driver isn't justice, it's revenge. I hope the family find peace.

Very valid point very hard to prove death by dangerous driving. She needs to face justice, many British citizens have been extradited to the US in the past.

Executing the driver isn't justice, it's revenge.

Obviously my original post wasn't serious and I'm certainly no advocate for vigilantism, but your comment here made me think. This person has completely evaded justice by scuttling back to the US and hiding behind morally bankrupt officials, and having killed someone through carelessness has effectively got off scot free.

Had she stayed to face a trial I too doubt very much that she would have gone to jail. Any lawyer would doubtless have told her the same, which makes her cowardice even more despicable. So, if there is a fair and transparent legal process and you choose to evade it, can you complain if you end up on the receiving end of a different form of 'justice'?

Americans have licence to kill all around the world as long they don’t kill Americans. Their country will protect them.

The Cavalese cable car disaster of 1998, also called the Strage del Cermis ("Massacre at Cermis") occurred on 3 February 1998, near the Italian town of Cavalese, a ski resort in the Dolomites some 40 km (25 mi) northeast of Trento. Twenty people died when a United States Marine Corps EA-6B Prowler aircraft, while flying too low, against regulations, in order for the pilots to "have fun" and "take videos of the scenery", cut a cable supporting a gondola of an aerial tramway. Joseph Schweitzer, one of the two American pilots, confessed in 2012 that he had burned the tape containing incriminating evidence upon returning to the American base.The pilot, Captain Richard J. Ashby, and his navigator, Captain Joseph Schweitzer, were put on trial in the U.S. and found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter and negligent homicide. Later they were found guilty of obstruction of justice and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman for having destroyed a videotape recorded from the plane, and were dismissed from the Marine Corps.

Americans have licence to kill all around the world as long they don’t kill Americans. Their country will protect them.

Oh you can totally kill Americans too. Straight up got a law around here called the "Make My Day" law, says you can shoot each other all you like. Or something to that effect.

My green card says something about "provisional licence to kill" in the small print, I swear.

Oh you can totally kill Americans too. Straight up got a law around here called the "Make My Day" law, says you can shoot each other all you like. Or something to that effect.

My green card says something about "provisional licence to kill" in the small print, I swear.

With no offence to Americans, I lived and worked there for over 6 years and I know lot about it.

Unfortunately their country and politics make them believe they are something special, above The ordinary people.

With no offence to Americans, I lived and worked there for over 6 years and I know lot about it.

Unfortunately their country and politics make them believe they are something special, above The ordinary people.

Nothing wrong with insulting Americans, they love it, their sense of humour & appreciation of irony is legendary 🤣