Insurance rant

Guest Richzx6r

Just renewed - Fully Comp SD&P; Legal cover; Breakdown Cover; Gear & leathers (textiles) cover inc helmet; Coutesy Bike; Protected NCB £150 (robbery!)

:roll:

Who was that with?

MCE

what was the excess ?

Just renewed - Fully Comp SD&P; Legal cover; Breakdown Cover; Gear & leathers (textiles) cover inc helmet; Coutesy Bike; Protected NCB £150 (robbery!)

:roll:

Who was that with?

MCE

Worst company I have ever dealt with!

Guest Richzx6r

Just had a quote of £317 for the year by mce so a definite improvement from the renewal I got and nearly half of what I paid last year :thumb: :thumb:

excess??

500 quid

Just had a quote of £317 for the year by mce so a definite improvement from the renewal I got and nearly half of what I paid last year :thumb: :thumb:

excess??

500 quid

Ouch!!

This is part of the trouble with mce!

That and coupled with them trying to rob me of £90 then trying to withhold money from me for 3 months! I had loads of issues and had to involve the insurance ombudsman!

Guest Richzx6r

excess??

500 quid

Ouch!!

That and coupled with them trying to rob me of £90 then trying to withhold money from me for 3 months! I had loads of issues and had to involve the insurance ombudsman!

Yea I didnt bother changing the excess as I couldn't be bothered :roll: but I'll see what the guys on here quote me before I take anything

500 quid

Ouch!!

Yea I didnt bother changing the excess as I couldn't be bothered :roll: but I'll see what the guys on here quote me before I take anything

you will probably find that you can't but if you put other policy's at the same excess they will probably come down to around the same

A lot of people just look at the final figure and forget to look at excess and thing its a good deal

Guest Richzx6r

Ouch!!

you will probably find that you can't but if you put other policy's at the same excess they will probably come down to around the same

A lot of people just look at the final figure and forget to look at excess and thing its a good deal

It does let me but I just didn't change it, its not the best amount of excess so I will change it and see what it comes up with

Also worth noting that if you tell MCE that your bike is garaged, then it has to be a brick built garage to count (that's usual), and if it gets stolen near your house but not in the garage, e.g on the driveway while you let it cool down before you give it a wash, you are not covered.

I was with MCE for first bike (125 Varadero), £790 p/a - with £2000 excess. '05 reg bike, bought for £1200. :lol:

Current bike (still 125 but brand new) with bikesure is £790 on 3rd party. Was £1900 fullycomp. :/

Only £100 excess though. Nowhere else came close to that figure. Either FC or 3rd.

Hate insurance.

Who was that with?

MCE

what was the excess ?

Compulsory £150

Voluntary £0

Clothing & helmet limited to £750

Courtesy bike limited to no more than 150cc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legal cover

Breakdown (away from home only)

Protected NCB (10 years)

MCE

what was the excess ?

Compulsory £150

Voluntary £0

Clothing & helmet limited to £750

Courtesy bike limited to no more than 150cc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legal cover

Breakdown (away from home only)

Protected NCB (10 years)

unusual for them , every time i go on a comparison site MCE are always the cheapest but the excess is eye watering'