Not daring to hope .

fastbob

Right now I'm desperately trying not to get my hopes up only to be disappointed later on . But , just before I left work today a lady colleague came up to me and said that she is clearing out her brother's house at the weekend and if it's still there , would I like the old Triumph Motorbike that's in boxes in the loft ? When I say old , I mean Meriden old . I'm not often rendered speechless but when I could speak I said yes , or course I would . So now I've got to wait until Tuesday to see what the outcome is . It's going to be a long three days !

I hope that turns up. My dad used to tell me when I was a kid that his older brother had dismantled a Brough Superior and that was stored in boxes. My dad will be 82 ish, not 100% and I am pretty sure that the story was true. Trouble is he fell out big style with his brother over money of course so I have no idea what became of the Brough in boxes

I hope that turns up. My dad used to tell me when I was a kid that his older brother had dismantled a Brough Superior and that was stored in boxes. My dad will be 82 ish, not 100% and I am pretty sure that the story was true. Trouble is he fell out big style with his brother over money of course so I have no idea what became of the Brough in boxes

Cheers , I've no idea what it is . Could be a knackered Tiger Cub , could be a '59 Bonneville , could be an MZ 125 for all I know ! They seemed very sure it was a Triumph though.

I bet it’s a Tina 🤣

Mind you, no matter what it is, I bet you get it for free, loosely assemble it, clean it & then flog it for a handsome profit.... you have got form in this regard 🤣🤣

I bet it’s a Tina 🤣

Mind you, no matter what it is, I bet you get it for free, loosely assemble it, clean it & then flog it for a handsome profit.... you have got form in this regard 🤣🤣

Yep , I'm getting it for free . I've always wanted a Triumph Twin so this might be a keeper but I don't want it to turn into a money pit . And in the unlikely event that it is a Tina , even they are selling for a grand and a half .

whats the tart like... cougar i reckon :thumb:

And that's the tone of the discussion reduced to its usual loathsome level . But we expect nothing less from such a distinguished contributor . Good morning sir ! 😁

you would be well happy if it turned out to be a T160

I don't even know what decade it's from .

16th century maybe

I hope not , something that technologically advanced would be difficult for a Harley Davidson rider to understand . 🤔🔨

And that's the tone of the discussion reduced to its usual loathsome level . But we expect nothing less from such a distinguished contributor . Good morning sir ! 😁

keep us updated , not on the cougar { unless you want to } :thumb:

I should be able to see some pictures of it on Monday . One glance at the engine should be enough to tell me roughly what it is . Praying they can find all of it . I'd like to help get it out of the loft but the house is described as being crammed with junk " Hoarder Next Door " style, so the relatives would be understandably a bit embarrassed .

I should be able to see some pictures of it on Monday . One glance at the engine should be enough to tell me roughly what it is . Praying they can find all of it . I'd like to help get it out of the loft but the house is described as being crammed with junk " Hoarder Next Door " style, so the relatives would be understandably a bit embarrassed .

yeh result if its a complete bike in bits.... good chance there will be other bike stuff there to :thumb:

Just an update , the house clearance is taking longer than expected but a pair of handlebars have been found .

And....it's a Raleigh Chopper!

And you are not the first to say exactly that ! Anyway , a good one of those is worth a few bob .

Guest Richzx6r

It’s Tuesday, news? :roll:

Not found in the loft. One unopened ( crammed ) shed to go . 🤞 Might take until the weekend now .

:roll: the suspense is killing us Bob cant they hurry up :D