You just can't get the staff these days...

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
MarkW
Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 1178 times

You just can't get the staff these days...

Post by MarkW » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by MarkW on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

Mr Fro
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 833 times

Re: You just can't get the staff these days...

Post by Mr Fro » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Well it's alright for a first attempt I suppose. Are you going to fit some clamps on the hoses so you can throttle the cooling?

Just thinking the tanks closer to the fridge might get colder quicker than those far away. You know, friction and all that jazz.

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 639 times
Been liked: 1760 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:41 pm

There ain't no way you're ever going to get that up to 88mph.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:20 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by MarkW on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

Ian Frog
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZRX1200R, 2003 Supercharged Busa, 2005 Busa
Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 767 times

Post by Ian Frog » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:00 pm

I hope your superiors know who solved the problem and said snowflake is now performing her proper role in making your coffee and listening to those of us who were alive when there was such a thing as music?
Cheers
Ian

S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 819 times

Post by S-Westerly » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:08 pm

I think Mark W is a true bloated capitalist and actually owns the company. Might well be wrong though.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by MarkW on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richzx6r
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Has liked: 3091 times
Been liked: 1007 times

Post by Richzx6r » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:39 pm

MarkW wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 pm
Ian Frog wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:00 pm
I hope your superiors know who solved the problem and said snowflake is now performing her proper role in making your coffee and listening to those of us who were alive when there was such a thing as music?
Cheers
Ian
Ha! My wife and I own the company, and consequently do most of the work. To be honest this has made a nice change from pushing emails around and chasing debtors, which is how I spend most of my time: I actually got to see something tangible that I'd made, which was quite satisfying.

I don't want to sound down on young 'uns or tar them all with the same brush, but the total lack of gumption does astound me sometimes. In addition to the drip I mentioned above, we had another girl off today with a headache ( :roll: ), and last week a young lad came to see us because he was suffering from 'stress and anxiety'. And you can't just tell them to man-up and grow a pair either, which is a pity. He should try sitting in my chair for a month or two, with 27 people's salaries to pay...

Luckily I managed to find something supportive to say, because the whole time he was talking to me the only thing going round and round in my head was those two WWII airmen off the Armstrong & Miller Show:

"Are you gay? Are you a batty man? You sound well bent, isn't it..."

:lol:
So what is it your company does?
Its better when its loaded

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 639 times
Been liked: 1760 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Richzx6r wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:39 pm
MarkW wrote:
Ian Frog wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:00 pm
Cheers
Ian
Ha! My wife and I own the company, and consequently do most of the work. To be honest this has made a nice change from pushing emails around and chasing debtors, which is how I spend most of my time: I actually got to see something tangible that I'd made, which was quite satisfying.

I don't want to sound down on young 'uns or tar them all with the same brush, but the total lack of gumption does astound me sometimes. In addition to the drip I mentioned above, we had another girl off today with a headache ( :roll: ), and last week a young lad came to see us because he was suffering from 'stress and anxiety'. And you can't just tell them to man-up and grow a pair either, which is a pity. He should try sitting in my chair for a month or two, with 27 people's salaries to pay...

Luckily I managed to find something supportive to say, because the whole time he was talking to me the only thing going round and round in my head was those two WWII airmen off the Armstrong & Miller Show:

Hirers all the wrong people by the story so far...
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Richzx6r

Post by Richzx6r » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:49 pm
Richzx6r wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:39 pm
MarkW wrote:

Hirers all the wrong people by the story so far...
Very true, maybe he should employ a few of us :wink:

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by MarkW on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 622 times

Post by skyrider » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:11 pm

i had a job on today at our house the bathroom plug hole was gurgling so i lifted the manhole cover outside the bathroom to find that the manhole was 3/4 full of s**t so got the draining rods out and got going and the smell was well fragrent and i was doing ok till i got the plunger stuck so i was half an hour twisting an shoving the rods it finally came free and the manhole emptied so got the hosepipe down it for a while tomorrow i will see if i can borrow a clean dustbin so i can fill it with water a couple of times and pour it down the hole, its not a job i want to do every week :roll:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Richzx6r

Post by Richzx6r » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:28 pm

skyrider wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:11 pm
i had a job on today at our house the bathroom plug hole was gurgling so i lifted the manhole cover outside the bathroom to find that the manhole was 3/4 full of s**t so got the draining rods out and got going and the smell was well fragrent and i was doing ok till i got the plunger stuck so i was half an hour twisting an shoving the rods it finally came free and the manhole emptied so got the hosepipe down it for a while tomorrow i will see if i can borrow a clean dustbin so i can fill it with water a couple of times and pour it down the hole, its not a job i want to do every week :roll:
Nice......not

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 622 times

Post by skyrider » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:33 pm

no if i had wanted to do that kind of work i would have joined united utilities :|
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Ian Frog
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZRX1200R, 2003 Supercharged Busa, 2005 Busa
Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 767 times

Post by Ian Frog » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:42 pm

skyrider wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:33 pm
no if i had wanted to do that kind of work i would have joined united utilities :|
Agreed! But the point of the op was you rolled up your sleeves and did it, rather than crying on facef**k about why you couldn`t .
Ageist I know but some of these paperless graduates working in practical industries are worrying.
Cheers
Ian

Return to “General Chat”