Anti theft number plate screws

drayton359

I had my number plate stolen a couple of days ago, reported to police and now got a replacement but have heard about some anti-theft number plate screws, are they worth it ?? anyone recommend any, had a quick look on amazon and found some says they are for motorbikes but thought I check on here to see if its worth it or not.

Why would anyone steal your number plate? Unless it's kids having a jolly jape? Would you be able to create a cloned bike with someone else's plates?

I guess if they'd nicked a similar bike, or had one that wasn't taxed/insured/MOT then putting a plate of one that hasn't been stolen and is taxed and insured would avoid being picked up on ANPR cameras.

Ah yes, that would do it. I know a young woman in Northumberland who got 3 or 4 notices of prosecution for speeding from the London area when she'd never driven in London in her life. It took ages to get the authorities off her back and it was only when the pic was examined and the car getting done was bright yellow and hers was blue that it all went away.

So you're suggesting that number plate theives are going around with a 10 mm spanner and a flat bladed screwdriver ? Ok here's a cheap fix I just thought of . Get a fag lighter and melt the ends of the screws into a blob . Can't actually see the point myself .

OH had the front and rear plates stolen off her car some years ago. Reported it and the police said its often just done for nicking fuel, speeding etc. Heard no more about it.

I had my number plate stolen a couple of days ago, reported to police and now got a replacement but have heard about some anti-theft number plate screws, are they worth it ?? anyone recommend any, had a quick look on amazon and found some says they are for motorbikes but thought I check on here to see if its worth it or not.

Whatever you chose to do, consider putting a small sticker or piece of insulation tape on one corner of your new plate, not to distort any letters but to make it noticeable if caught on a CCTV or anpr camera. So if you get a ticket come through you can show it's not your plate, often the advice police give.

As said most likely placed on a similar bike for the commission of crime.

Out of interest has your bike been recently purchased or any pictures of it on social media with ur number plate on display?

• 1 month later...

Whatever you chose to do, consider putting a small sticker or piece of insulation tape on one corner of your new plate, not to distort any letters but to make it noticeable if caught on a CCTV or anpr camera. So if you get a ticket come through you can show it's not your plate, often the advice police give.

As said most likely placed on a similar bike for the commission of crime.

Out of interest has your bike been recently purchased or any pictures of it on social media with ur number plate on display?

Oh sorry just seen the notification on it, no had it a while and hardly post anything to social media and certainly not with my number plate.

Haven't bothered with screws but someone snapped the steering lock off not top long ago, had to get a new lock set as couldn't turn the key. Reported to police again but no further trouble