Another Good Product Down the Pan

Mickly

Read this in today’s MCN

439D6E70-A693-4268-9FAD-8800AB8BFD2C.thumb.jpeg.b218ca5b0a1f9425ec8c018a7f37cee7.jpeg

I use Muc-Off and do rate it quite highly, but this is the first step to ruining it.

When a company says it’s going to make something more ‘environmentally friendly’, they really mean ‘it will be shit’

The route to a greener product is taking out all the stuff that makes it great & replacing it with something similar, greener but nowhere near as good!! ..... this is of course my opinion disagree if you like, a rats ar*e will not be given.

They're only talking about reducing plastic usage so far, rather than changing the product inside.

Not a bad thing. Plastic is probably the biggest material we need to cut out or improve recycling methods of sharpish. If they had branded refillable metal/glass spray bottles I could top up at my local halfords, I'd be game for that rather than going there to buy a new bottle of it each time.

You reduce plastic, you reduce the demand on oil used to create it, and the chances of it ending up in an ocean.

They're only talking about reducing plastic usage so far, rather than changing the product inside.

Not a bad thing. Plastic is probably the biggest material we need to cut out or improve recycling methods of sharpish. If they had branded refillable metal/glass spray bottles I could top up at my local halfords, I'd be game for that rather than going there to buy a new bottle of it each time.

You reduce plastic, you reduce the demand on oil used to create it, and the chances of it ending up in an ocean.

Please don't even talk about plastic in the ocean. We've been banned for years from dumping plastic into the sea and as the potential penalties are severe tend not to. However just about every third world coastal state has serious problems with plastic waste which usually seems to get dumped wherever. The rains come and the vast majority ends up in the sea.

Now we are under pressure to drastically reduce our use of single use plastic. Try buying foodstuffs without a plastic packaging component. Cleaning materials whether it's shampoo or industrial de-greaser come in plastic. Bottled mineral water is being banned possibly which will be a real bummer. Ship's water is distilled so lacking in all trace elements. It also has an unpleasant taste due to the tank coating and steel piping. Often it's an interesting shade of tea as well. Folks are NOT happy.

thank little c#nts like this...

Why do all the Gammon lose their shit about her and Meghan Markle? :lol:

It's not just the Gammons - I can't stand the little shit either.

In my experience, no teenager has anything interesting to say on any subject. Unfortunately, a serious issue is now being trivialised by daft people who are treating a socially maladjusted gurning Swede as a prophet - rather like how Momentum destroyed Labour by venerating Corbyn as the messiah, transporting him from one adoring crowd to another like some sort of holy relic.

I'm an ecologist, and I'd gleefully napalm what's left of the rainforest just to watch her do her stock party piece of attempting to turn her face inside out like someone with a wasp up their nose.

Removing 30 tonnes of plastic from their production and supply processes is hardly going to affect how well it gets crap of your bike. It's probably got more to do with how their guys wrap their butties than altering the formulae of the product itself. I bet it still tastes a good or is that Coca-cola I'm thinking of?

Removing 30 tonnes of plastic from their production and supply processes is hardly going to affect how well it gets crap of your bike. It's probably got more to do with how their guys wrap their butties than altering the formulae of the product itself. I bet it still tastes a good or is that Coca-cola I'm thinking of?

If you read the article, it says ‘this is the first step’

Just watch what happens next !!

I don't see a problem with this. In one regard we've come a long way in the last 30 years at improving the effect we have, in another regard we are far worse. Plastic is one of the things we've got far worse at, reducing usage right down can only be a good thing. I have a friend who is travelling around Asia at the money and showed me a photo of the beach where loads of little bits of multicoloured plastic had washed up, if that is what had washed up on that little stretch of beach that the amount that hadn't must be huge.

Anyone who says climate change isn't real or we aren't having an effect, just go back 60 years to 1952 for the great smog of London.

Never used it. Ive never felt the need for anything 'special' for cleaning the bike aside from the inevitable can of WD40 to remove grease spots, oil or tar-like road deposits.

aside from that i spend maybe £4 a year on the cheapest car shampoo I can find. usually in Wilko.

I use rhino goo and buy it in a 5l container for less plastic and the containers can be reused later. I think muc off is like the stuff I use and pH neutral and a bit more eco friendly than cleaners we used to use.

I agree about the plastic waste in Asia/India. Go anywhere that isn't a tourist hot spot and the coast is strewn with detritus - most of it plastic.

The locals don't give a shit either, I've seen them lobbing bales of old plastic sheet out of a moving train and in to the jungle.

I do wish people would stop using these lazy terms like Boomer , Snowflake , Millennial , Gammon or whatever else has dribbled out of the internet . Can't we just describe what section of society we are talking about with a few well chosen words ?

I do wish people would stop using these lazy terms like Boomer , Snowflake , Millennial , Gammon or whatever else has dribbled out of the internet . Can't we just describe what section of society we are talking about with a few well chosen words ?

Quite right! If I choose to self identify as a grumpy old git no-one else had the right to infringe my right to do so.

Not bothered what anyone calls me....as long as it's not late for my dinner, and besides when the kids come home I call them Boomerangs

and you all know the song that charlie drake sang

Aye , but the bugger's keep coming back, (dont think the Snowflakes know what we are talking about) :lol: :lol: