Had to share this .

fastbob

Good find Bob.

Love the test riders donkey jacket and Eamonn's soft brogue :)

Eamonn was doing his best to sound "BBC" I thought .

Ah back in days when you could work in a machine shop wearing just a brown jacket for protection. The world must have been a much safer place in those days.

And what an impressive gallery of girly pictures on the wall !

I remember watching Scrambling on the Telly in black and white . Only problem was , if it was muddy , after one lap every rider looked the same .

I remember watching Scrambling on the Telly in black and white . Only problem was , if it was muddy , after one lap every rider looked the same .

Me too. Saturday afternoon world of sport and Grandstand. :D

Used to go to scrambles as a nipper, helping my Dad set up the PA system, then being a runner for the people in the control caravan, usually getting teas.

Loved watching it & soon learned not to spectate on the outside of bends.

Yep on Grandstand, me and me dad glued to it, Dave Bickers, Vic Eastwood? and Murray walkers genius commentary, all Greaves and BSA's i think.

Then there was the wrestling at 4:00 on Tyne tees. Kent Walton commentary?

Yep on Grandstand, me and me dad glued to it, Dave Bickers, Vic Eastwood? and Murray walkers genius commentary, all Greaves and BSA's i think.

Jackie Pallow , Mick McManus , Les Kellet , Kendo Nagasaki and the Royal Brothers . The football results brought to you by Teleprinter and snooker in black and white all followed by Tom and Gerry and Dr Who . What wonderful times they were .

Edited by fastbob

Jackie Pallow , Mick McManus , Les Kellet , Kendo Nagasaki and the Royal Brothers . The football results brought to you by Teleprinter and snooker in black and white all followed by Tom and Gerry and Dr Who . Happy days .

No, Happy days was screened In the UK much later.

Used to watch the wrestling with my Gran, she’d bring a bag of sweets & everyone would leave us to it.

It was only talking to my Mum, long after my Gran died that I found out that she was just perving over the guys in tight costumes, apparently she used to like the snooker - watching those smartly dressed men bending over in their tight trousers.

Good on her I say !!

God bless you Flo

yes saturdays was a good day for the telly i wish i could still say the same now and i still say that john pertwee was the best dr :D

John Pertwee ran over my foot on a Honda Monkey Bike while dressed as Worzel Gummage during a Honda promotion day at Donnington Park . And that's a true story .

yes saturdays was a good day for the telly i wish i could still say the same now and i still say that john pertwee was the best dr :D

John Pertwee ran over my foot on a Honda Monkey Bike while dressed as Worzel Gummage during a Honda promotion day at Donnington Park . And that's a true story .

There can't be many people who can say that.

There can't be many people who can say that.

I'm not so sure , he kept riding this Monkey Bike through a crowded marquee so he could well have run over several people's feet . I think he had a deal going with Honda .

Polish_20200123_203412907.thumb.png.37cf33bc9f2783d9ff2cac82f950ca5e.png

Nah. William Hartnell. Much darker and scarier.

was he the first dr :?:

Yep. Followed by Patrick Thornton. I thought Jon Pertwee was too “light hearted”.

Patrick Troughton .

was he the first dr :?:

Yep. Followed by Patrick Thornton. I thought Jon Pertwee was too “light hearted”.

Patrick Troughton .

Auto correct :twisted:

Nah. William Hartnell. Much darker and scarier.

That’s coz it was in Black & White 😁