shortening a kick stand or.....

Pbassred

I'm seriously considering dropping my suspension but only by 20mm. This part I haven't figured out is the side-stand. I could cut 20mm of the bottom and get a plate welded on, but has anyone tried those adjustable ones?

If you were interested, you could try it out before you go ahead by taping a 20mm block of wood onto the stand. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but it would give you a pretty good idea of what the bike would like without changing the stand.

If you were interested, you could try it out before you go ahead by taping a 20mm block of wood onto the stand. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but it would give you a pretty good idea of what the bike would like without changing the stand.

Nah! I'f it were me I have designed a couple of mm shorter in the first place. Its partly because of the uneven ground outside where I live. I've already had one bike roll off its stand there. (gotta love frame sliders) :D

Have you considered looking at the pivot plate and just grinding a little off the stop point to allow the stand to continue it`s arc a bit further?

A common mod on ZRX Kawasakis and Suzukii GSXR models as the stands are a little long and prone to calamity.

I have done this mod on at least 4 bikes and it seems the easiest option.

Hope that`s of help and cheap!

Cheers

Ian

I got into the habit of leaving the bike in gear and putting the side stand down. Two plus points for this method, being in gear acts like a hand brake and it tests the side stand switch every time. :wink:

Exactly that, plus just right preplan where and how to park yo-yo bike.

Also it is not just the length of the stand but angle.

Have you considered looking at the pivot plate and just grinding a little off the stop point to allow the stand to continue it`s arc a bit further?

A common mod on ZRX Kawasakis and Suzukii GSXR models as the stands are a little long and prone to calamity.

I have done this mod on at least 4 bikes and it seems the easiest option.

Hope that`s of help and cheap!

Cheers

Ian

That's a good idea I've not heard of before... filed that, thanks.

I'm seriously considering dropping my suspension but only by 20mm. This part I haven't figured out is the side-stand. I could cut 20mm of the bottom and get a plate welded on, but has anyone tried those adjustable ones?

I had a Lust Racing 30mm drop suspension kit on my old 929 Fireblade for 3 years. For me, I didn't need to cut down the side stand but I was mindful to park it somewhere very level. It never fell over but like I say, I was careful where I parked it.

I had a Lust Racing 30mm drop suspension kit on my old 929 Fireblade for 3 years. For me, I didn't need to cut down the side stand but I was mindful to park it somewhere very level. It never fell over but like I say, I was careful where I parked it.

Apropos of nothing, my old 929 pinned me to the ground when I forgot to put the sidestand down before getting off it and it fell on me.