Best place to live

Bianco2564

A national survey says the my home town of Rugby is the 15th best in the country. :shock:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-7943243/Do-live-one-50-best-places-live-Britain-2020.html

Don't want to be negative towards it but there must be some real sh1tholes around if Rugby is that great.

Anyone else's town on the list?

If you pay attention to what the Daily Mail prints you're already in deep sh*t.

Wasn't their survey, its in all mainstream media, just picked that one as it used big words :D

Just jealous cos your town isn't on there??

If you pay attention to what the Daily Mail prints you're already in deep sh*t.

Wasn't their survey, its in all mainstream media, just picked that one as it used big words :D

Just jealous cos your town isn't on there??

I don't suppose everyone would want to live near Oulton Park, all those noisy motorbikes going round. And not everyone wants free entry to everything and driving days and slap up hospitality and use of the facilities. It's just not everyone's cup of tea. But MSV do take the village very seriously. Nice people.

Surprised Swansea didn't make it on the list!

felt sorry for the girl until he said she hit him in his good bollock :lol: :lol:

Nothing worse than getting hit in your good bollock Six.

Well......except getting overlooked for the Mod gig perhaps!

So from that the best place to live in the UK is my old town stortford.....not sure I'd agree with that as it's way too expensive

I mean, that's kinda like saying bugattis aren't the fastest cos they're too expensive...

Seems to me that it's a survey run by an estate agent in order to stoke some interest in the property market. The timing is perfect - this is when a lot of people make the decision whether they're going to see their house this year. They tart the place up in March and then put it on the market the week before Easter.

My take is that it's just a marketing exercise - it's not really about where the best place to live is. I haven't been able to see anywhere where they publish the questions, nor a description of how they analysed the data. A serious survey would do both.

Seems to me that it's a survey run by an estate agent in order to stoke some interest in the property market. The timing is perfect - this is when a lot of people make the decision whether they're going to see their house this year. They tart the place up in March and then put it on the market the week before Easter.

My take is that it's just a marketing exercise - it's not really about where the best place to live is. I haven't been able to see anywhere where they publish the questions, nor a description of how they analysed the data. A serious survey would do both.

https://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/media/press-releases/2020-press-releases/halifax/uks-best-place-to-live-the-list-starts-with-east-herts/

Forgive me for repeating myself but I doubt that Coventry is very far up the list .

Yes I was going to ask if you could move Cov a few miles westward, we have standards to keep up you know. :thumb:

Yes I do understand how it must feel living so close to such a cesspit of a City . That's why I'm so glad that I live in a small village called Earlsdon . With its own newspaper , busy high street , and leafy avenues , Earlsdon is very much a separate community .

Forgive me for repeating myself but I doubt that Coventry is very far up the list .

Yes I was going to ask if you could move Cov a few miles westward, we have standards to keep up you know. :thumb:

Yes I do understand how it must feel living so close to such a cesspit of a City . That's why I'm so glad that I live in a small village called Earlsdon . With its own newspaper , busy high street , and leafy avenues , Earlsdon is very much a separate community .

Wow, quite a metropolis then. We have a pub and a church and on Tuesday mornings two ladies sell stamps in the village hall.

Wow, quite a metropolis then. We have a pub and a church and on Tuesday mornings two ladies sell stamps in the village hall.

We also have a pub with the rather quaint name of Wetherspoons which might have it's origins in the clientele's difficulty with more sophisticated forms of cutlery .

I don't suppose everyone would want to live near Oulton Park, all those noisy motorbikes going round. And not everyone wants free entry to everything and driving days and slap up hospitality and use of the facilities. It's just not everyone's cup of tea. But MSV do take the village very seriously. Nice people.

Was curious so looked on the map... do you mean Rushton or Little Budworth?

We also have a pub with the rather quaint name of Wetherspoons which might have it's origins in the clientele's difficulty with more sophisticated forms of cutlery .

iye we have a few wetherspoons in our area and they get fairly busy

Hahahaha ‘cmon [mention]fastbob[/mention]

Earlsdon is part of the Coventry conurbation.

Having a few students & hippies drinking Chai at pavement cafes does not make it a village 🤣🤣

Hahahaha ‘cmon @fastbob

Earlsdon is part of the Coventry conurbation.

Having a few students & hippies drinking Chai at pavement cafes does not make it a village 🤣🤣

I was talking tongue in cheek as I often do but I love living here . And talking of cafés , could I recommend the excellent Emily's Cafe that is run by my friend's daughter Emily . https://www.coventrycafe.top/ This really is something special .