New Levers and indicator

RAYK47

Due to a small off in November I need to replace my front brake lever and right indicator (I think it's just the stem) on a 2015 street triple R.

I have been looking around and was thinking of getting some cheaper sets of levers and LED indicators.

Indicators I am less concerned about the cheaper ones as long as the reviews are good and there are plenty of them. Although I am thinking of just seeing if I can get a triumph stem (I am sure I have seen them around) due to replacing all indicators with LED's is apparently a real ball ache.

However I am having second thoughts on the cheaper levers as I have heard some horror stories about them seizing while riding. Can anyone advise if they are running cheaper levers and their experience with them. I am not looking for £20 levers here just can't really afford £200 pezzo etc. If I can get a decent set for about £60-80 then that may be doable.

Hmm, I have tried sending @joeman a pm but it just sits in my outbox. :scratch:

thats normal.. it stays there until its read.

Oops, in that case @joeman may receive two the same 🤦‍♂️

Thanks fella, are ASV any good? Sports bike shop have a deal on them ATM.

I think it has been sent; it sits in your outbox until he has read it, I believe. For a conflicting view I have very cheap msv leavers on mine and they're fine so...

You can't fit them without checking that they don't push the master cylinder in at all.... that is that there should be a little play. You also have to check that they move freely and that they're adequately lubricated. If you don't do either of these things then they may lock on. However, you really should do this fitting *any* lever, including OE levers or expensive race levers. If you've done this then they should be fine unless the lever point wears faster than OE but again you should be checking this stuff with any levers.

Finally, given the above, the only way a lever can fail is if it breaks. Pull it all the way to the bar with fresh fluid and you'll be pulling on it with more force that you'll do while riding. If it doesn't break you should be fine.

All of the above at your own risk etc but I don't subscribe to the belief that just because a lever is cheap it'll break or jam the brakes on.

thats normal.. it stays there until its read.

Oops, in that case @joeman may receive two the same 🤦‍♂️

yep! i got two :lol: :lol:

these are the ones i fitted...

https://misanomotoimports.co.uk/collections/strada-7-levers/products/strada-7-racing-3d-short-cnc-adjustable-levers-with-carbon-fiber-inlay-brake-and-clutch-motorcycle-levers

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=884016#p884016

First ride out, about 50m from home, first time i pulled the brake it got stuck!! had to run home to get some tools to allow the bike to move again..

took it off, did a bit of fiddling and it was fine since.

so yeah, just be careful the brakes release after you pull them! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...