DVSA Crackdown

dynax

When it said "rogue instructors". For a split second I hoped this included "Polite" jacket wearers and was disappointed :lol:

Didn't realise rogue instructors were such a problem :shock:

Plenty of stories about of people's experiences with instructors, ranging from the the excellent to the one's that basically just sell the CBT to make a quick buck :roll:

When it said "rogue instructors". For a split second I hoped this included "Polite" jacket wearers and was disappointed :lol:

Didn't realise rogue instructors were such a problem :shock:

Oh yes- "polite" jackets have to be the biggest wind ups for me. Can anyone tell me what the point of them is or are they worn by people who never really grew out of dressing up ?

This is all news to me, I'd never heard of these kind of crooks until this thread I have to admit :shock:

Oh yes- "polite" jackets have to be the biggest wind ups for me. Can anyone tell me what the point of them is or are they worn by people who never really grew out of dressing up ?

I could probably agree to disagree with the ones that say "yeah it looks like a police jacket, but it keeps me safe".

But there are the ones who are in total denial. The ones who over the slightest questioning, will aggressively tell you that the word polite looks no way the same as the word police, then unfriend you on facebook after giving you a heap of abuse. Those are the ones that annoy me, but at least they often solve the issue for me :lol:

I absolutely agree with you on the ones who come over all aggressive when asked about wearing something that from a distance does so very much look like "police" especially when edged in reflective checker tape.

You're missing the point of the POLITE jackets. They are worn to politely give notice that the wearer is a pillock. This avoids the embarrassment of walking up to a fellow biker in the assumption that a friendly conversation is about to ensue.

I do not wear a Polite vest or own one but I do struggle to see what is the problem with them?

It's not the vest as such, just the way that they are used or misused by the minority of the riders that wear them :thumb:

What do you mean @dynax ?

wearing them and riding bikes that would look like the POLICE from a distance, which in itself is not a bad thing as other road users will move to make way for them to get past, then once they see it says POLITE some road users could get a bit miffed, to save confusion wearing plain unwritten hi-vis clothing would be better, but being a courteous and responsible rider is much better for everybody and promotes bikers and biking more positively :thumb: