Bike cop accident

Mississippi Bullfrog

Guest Richzx6r

Who is/was tc? Before my time?

Tony Carter........very well known on forums for about 20 years.

Ex bike cop, ex riding instructor to Police etc.......retired from the force some years ago after a serious accident.

I'm still none the wiser but ok :thumb:

Who is/was tc? Before my time?

Tony Carter........very well known on forums for about 20 years.

Ex bike cop, ex riding instructor to Police etc.......retired from the force some years ago after a serious accident.

I'm still none the wiser but ok :thumb:

He became an accident investigator for some legal firm and was very active on many forums.

Very knowledgeable man for sure.........but it appears he left this place due to some disagreement.

I missed it all so I have no idea!

You mean lost surely?

Yiss!

Stupid phone!

That's a body blow for sure!

Any other potential advertisers in the pipeline?

Not really! People don't want to pay they want it all for free! Thanks to like and share on facefuck

If you look at the video there are two vehicle already crossing the junction as the dashcam car approaches ( A white van and a blue car ) a further 2 second before the bike cop is even in the junction. From the layout there is no left filter on the cross road so there would not be a filter light to get confused. I would say that at least 10 seconds had passed between the red light for the crossing car and the vehicle entering the junction.

The car enters the junction at speed don't know if the driver was on a suicide mission. they must have seen the traffic crossing.

As for the copper. Yes maybe with his training he should have been more cautious, BUT vehicle had already crossed in the opposing lane, so it is not unreasonable to have expected the crossing traffic to be stopped.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

:scratch: I'd go for that every time, far more likely to get rear ended if you slow down every time you can't see if there's some nutter speeding towards their red light. And as for making sure the junction is clear before proceeding on a green I've always understood that means there's not someone parked in your path so you don't get stuck in the middle, not whether there's some nutter speeding towards their red light.. Hey ho.

I don't think that that looks much different form filtering at most junctions that most of us do on a daily basis. Obviously with the benefit of hindsight he'd have been better off sitting behind the truck but the car could have easily chosen to go through the red light a few seconds later and hit him as he emerged from behind the truck having followed it. In my opinion the fault is 100% with the car driver. If we couldn't make assumptions that people aren't coming through red lights or coming round the corner on the wrong side we wouldn't ride anywhere without being paralysed by fear.

Would be interesting to know the rest of the story. Was the copper badly injured or not? What happened to the toe-rag of a driver? Just nosy me.

No idea what happened to the driver but with that evidence I'm sure they were prosecuted. I believe the copper had "serious leg injuries."

Very much the driver's fault, but it's a good reminder of the need not to assume if you can't see.

There are a couple of cross roads near me that are totally blind. There is no way to watch out for red light jumpers when crossing as the lights are set so far back that by the time I can see the lights/traffic to the right I'm in line of fire for any jumpers. The roads are only 40mph but very long and straight. This means most cars go through very fast (I'd estimate at least double legal speed) trying to beat the lights or nipping through after the lights have turned red. It really is a case of go when my lights turn green and hope for the best.Scary, very scary.