New business name

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
MarkW
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 1394 times

Re: New business name

Post by MarkW » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:14 pm

I went to a property auction in Leeds today, just to see how it all works (I've never been to any sort of auction before) and to see how close to the guide price the lots went for.

My favourite moment was when the hammer fell on a tiny and delapidated mid-terraced house with a guide price of £25,000, whereupon the Pakistani guy sitting next to me leant in and said "They must be very pleased with themselves, those fellows. Oh yes - £64,000 to live in f*cking Barnsley."

:lol:
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Pie man
Bike(s): KTM 1290 Super Adventure S & Yamaha MT07
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Pie man » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:24 pm

MarkW wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:20 am
Bender wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:56 am
What's the new business?

I'm sure we can better those crap names.
Is this something any of you guys and gals have any experience of? If anyone has any advice, horror stories or successes to share it would be great.

:thumb:
Start off with a small property for your first project, be aware there may well be hidden and unexpected costs - invest in a good survey or get experienced help at first. You have to lay out money to buy and more money to carry out refurbishment works, hopefully all goes well and you make a good return on your investment, however be mindful of the age of the property. R&D surveys and asbestos removals and the like can become costly. :cheers:
A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether to say it or not.

MarkW
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 1394 times

Post by MarkW » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:06 pm

As this new venture gradually takes shape a couple more ideas for names have occurred to me. We could call it 'Shithole to Chateau' or perhaps 'Khazi to Castle'.

Hmm... Now I just need a white van and a sign...
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Return to “General Chat”