to MT-07 or not to MT-07.

jafman

I owned an MT07 for three years and it's a perfectly good bike for the OP's purpose.

Review here:

http://deejayp999.atwebpages.com/yamahamt07.html

And for the record I'm 6'1" and 14 stone. :)

I read your article with great gusto.

I know this might expose me for the newbie I am but you say the frame uses the engine as a stressed member. the last time I heard the term stressed member was shortly after my mrs removed her contraception implant and she ravaged me like a terrier on a rat for 3 days straight. Can you explain the significance of that in simple terms?

looking on the brake pipe unions it seems later models have perhaps rectified that to some extent..

your febuary 2015 accident sounds like a very lucky escape in all fairness.

No comment on the garage prices other than I was qouted what ammounts to about £45 per hour for a few bits and bobs + the parts. pffff

you mention wheelies. is that something that can happen without use of the clutch say in 2nd gear? not that I intend on doing such wreckless things just from a theoretical standpoint?

stalling issues and suspension seems to be something improved with recent models. no doubt the price point still effects these things. That said your parting remarks are a little disconcerting if I am honest. That said I am currently riding a lexmoto that is essentially rust and plastic mounted on rubber.

really appreciate the link. thank you.