Super moto help

wazil

Afternoon everyone, I am a young rider. 16 to be exact. I have been on a moped (50cc) unrestricted - Sym Symply since October. I have came to the conclusion that I am indeed addicted to motorbikes and I can't stop thinking about them. Soon I am to get a job, hopefully going to save up couple of p's to buy myself a nice little bike to when i turn 17. I am writing to you out here, to ask you about your opinions on the most common 50cc supermotos out there. I understand that there are many however I just want to know if any of you have had one and could give me your review. I was looking into Rieju MRT 50 or a nice little Derbi. They are a bit pricey for new, therefore I am willing to get it second hand. If you could also let me know what are the common problems with it and what to look at when buying one in August time.

Now one last thing, I want it 50cc as insurance prices for a learner are around £500 whereas on a 125cc they are over £1,200. I am to buy a motorbike for max of £1,500 nothing more. I would buy a kit if 50mph (which is what they are capable of, if I did my research right) was not enough for me, I have no problem with fitting it as I am a geek and I love to work with bikes :)

I know that moped is completely different, and I am going to redo my CBT on to a geared bike, just so I am sure I am capable and won't make danger on the road :)

Any comment would be appreciated.