You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda

dynax

Good old times when you ride it without any protective gear and didn’t think about it. I am not so old but as the kid I remember this times my father rode it and he never had helmet or any protection. First aliens like riders with full gear were German tourists. Since then everything went down the hill.

To be fair though, the only thing you're obliged to wear is a helmet and you can get approved half or open face helmets. It could be a lot more restrictive.

To be fair though, the only thing you're obliged to wear is a helmet and you can get approved half or open face helmets. It could be a lot more restrictive.

Yes by the law, but as well we are squared inside some social standards. My self as well. If I see someone riding without proper jacket or boots I disagree with that behaviour. 30 years ago I argued mandatory helmet. Now I am looking like German tourist 30 years ago.

Yay, I had one of those. The cylinder head broke in half so I glued it back together with two pack metal putty. It got nicked and crashed into a tree which finally killed it. But for cheap city transport it was brilliant. The leg shields actually did an amazing job of keeping the worst of the weather off you.

The three speed box had a system where you pressed forward to go up, back to go down, but if you were in third and had to stop once stationary you just pressed forward again and it cycled back into first. Brilliant idea for city traffic.

My uncle had one to get to work in a chrome plating factory. His exhaust was tatty so he put it in the tank overnight. Snag was he was ill the next day so it stayed in for 48 hours. It came out about half and inch thicker and shone like a supernova. When the rest of the bike fell to bits the exhaust was immaculate.

Yay, I had one of those. The cylinder head broke in half so I glued it back together with two pack metal putty. It got nicked and crashed into a tree which finally killed it. But for cheap city transport it was brilliant. The leg shields actually did an amazing job of keeping the worst of the weather off you.

The three speed box had a system where you pressed forward to go up, back to go down, but if you were in third and had to stop once stationary you just pressed forward again and it cycled back into first. Brilliant idea for city traffic.

My uncle had one to get to work in a chrome plating factory. His exhaust was tatty so he put it in the tank overnight. Snag was he was ill the next day so it stayed in for 48 hours. It came out about half and inch thicker and shone like a supernova. When the rest of the bike fell to bits the exhaust was immaculate.

I broke one in half riding down the woods, got a mouthful of pine needles, lucky not to loose my teeth

my neighbours thought i was a horrible shite terrorising them on my c90.....

we used to have a puch magnum x as kids and often the neighbours would grass us up for riding it on the road and shit :lol:

We had to get to the fields some how :lol:

I don't think anyone can claim to have had a completely fulfilling childhood unless they've snapped a C50 or C90* in half doing a jump in a field or on the sea front. :-D

*Puch Maxi is acceptable at a push.

the neighbours would grass us up for riding it on the road and shit :lol:

So you used to go out with the intention of riding it in shit?

Can't say I've ever felt the motivation to do that.......but being in Hull I suppose there was plenty of shit available to you.

Can't say I've ever felt the motivation to do that.......but being in Hull I suppose there was plenty of shit available to you.

You need to get with the times boomer and know what shit I'm talking about :D

I think you've got it wrong XT - I think he was riding to go for a shit. I read somewhere that bogs weren't common oop noth until the beginning of the 21st century.

Anyone in need would have to turtle it about the place until they could find the nearest convenience which could be some way away, hence the need to bike it there.

I think you've got it wrong XT - I think he was riding to go for a shit. I read somewhere that bogs weren't common oop noth until the beginning of the 21st century.

Anyone in need would have to turtle it about the place until they could find the nearest convenience which could be some way away, hence the need to bike it there.

Where I lived it was just fields about 2 mins walk away so we just popped out back :thumb:

Thanks for clearing that up Fro.......can't say I have much knowledge of these northern no-go zones.

You need to get with the times boomer and know what shit I'm talking about :D

Yo cuz , shudda said An ting , ya get me fam ?