Insurance wants 'Copy of Details of 998cc Vehicle Previously Owned' after taking payment with no prior mention of this

ShhSleep

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of input regarding an usual circumstance I've found myself in.

I've bought a 1000cc Fireblade which I'm picking up on Friday.

I've bought and paid for my insurance in full this evening, after which I received a request to provide the following details within 7 days:

1. Proof of no claims bonus

2. Copy of Drivers Licence.

which is fine.

I then received an email saying:

"

It is part of the underwriter's terms and conditions that you provide us with the following items within 28 days of the policy inception.

* Copy of DVLA Licence Summary for Mr ************

* Copy of Details of 998cc Vehicle Previously Owned

* Copy of Evidence of NCB for Mr ************

"

The DVLA Licence Summary is no problem, I've been able to obtain that, but I haven't owned a 998cc bike before, and wasn't asked for this during the quote, or even in the inital confirmation of payment which just asked for 1. Proof of no claims bonus and 2. Copy of Drivers Licence.

My insurance is due to start tomorrow, but I'm worried as I haven't had any policy details through, I would have expeced the policy to be sent automatically.

I will ring them tomorrow but would really appreciate any information that might settle my mind a little.

Has anybody else had any experience of this?

Thanks all.

Sounds to me like it's some auto generated garbage. Especially as they are asking for the same thing twice - NCB

One thing to bear in mind.. You will be insured tomorrow and, if your insurer fails to give you a good answer,

By law, all bike insurance policies have a minimum 14-day cooling-off period. During this time, you can cancel the policy for any reason. ... If you cancel, you should get a refund of any premiums you've already paid, but the insurer can charge to cover days when the policy was in force, plus an admin fee.

Thanks both,

I tried to ring them this evening but their office closed at 17:30.

I'll give them a ring as soon I get into work tomorrow morning, I'm just a little concerned as I've never heard of this before and have handed over quite a large sum of money.

Thanks again, I'll update here tomorrow once I know more.

Good morning,

good news; the insurance company have just rung me (ten minutes after their office hours opened which is impressive to be fair).

There was a small issue, with the bike being a 998cc bike; they need information about previous bikes. My previous bike was a GSX-600 which I've had for 8 years which is enough to satisfy the 'previous riding experience' risk assessment on their system.

Thanks for your input last night guys, it certainly settled my worries :thumb:

All is sorted and I received my policy details by email during the phone call.