My baby is here :)

learningtofly

Just a quick update, but the Street Triple arrived at the dealership yesterday, so I popped over there today to have a look at it and sign some papers. It's bloody beautiful, and because I opted for the R in the low ride height I can flat foot it too (I know it's not 100% necessary, but I was on tip toes with the standard height bike and I have a lot of manoeuvring to do at home, I filter a lot, etc etc).

I'm collecting it next Thursday morning, and in the interim they're fitting heated grips, tail tidy, grab rails, frame protectors and paddock stand bobbins. I'm really excited, and the day after I collect it I'm booked in for an ACF-50 treatment. That's in Chesham, which is a lovely ride from where I live.

Just a quick update, but the Street Triple arrived at the dealership yesterday, so I popped over there today to have a look at it and sign some papers. It's bloody beautiful, and because I opted for the R in the low ride height I can flat foot it too (I know it's not 100% necessary, but I was on tip toes with the standard height bike and I have a lot of manoeuvring to do at home, I filter a lot, etc etc).

I'm collecting it next Thursday morning, and in the interim they're fitting heated grips, tail tidy, grab rails, frame protectors and paddock stand bobbins. I'm really excited, and the day after I collect it I'm booked in for an ACF-50 treatment. That's in Chesham, which is a lovely ride from where I live.

Enjoy !! :D

I think this baby deserves a new thread.

My fella is looking at getting a street triple and I darent ride it as I know i wont want the MT anymore if i do that ! Seem like awesome bikes

I think this baby deserves a new thread.

My fella is looking at getting a street triple and I darent ride it as I know i wont want the MT anymore if i do that ! Seem like awesome bikes

I think you're right - I'll start one when I pick it up :)

The MT is lovely - just don't take your bloke's bike out for a ride! I was only meant to be wasting a couple of hours while they tinkered with my Twin :scratch:

I think I’ve missed a bit. The twin lasted a month and you’re switching to a triple?

Ah, well... I took the Twin in for its 500 mile spa and tested the Triple for a couple of hours... absolutely LOVED it. When they tried to sell me one I told them the only way I was buying it was if they were prepared to give me everything I spent on the Twin towards it.

The rest is history :lol:

• 1 year later...

I was just having a browse of readers bikes, and realised I never updated mine given that I bought my 9T back in May. Anyway, this is what it looks like at the moment - aside from the non-standard paint job it has one or two additions/farkles on it...

BMW Burnt Orange/Burnt Orange Flake paintwork on tank and front fender. Modified with the following components:

Unit Garage slip-on exhaust

Custom black/orange Scrambler seat

MachineArt X Heads engine covers

V-Trec brake and clutch levers

Unit Garage rear rack

Rizoma swing arm license plate holder

Puig bar end mirrors

Wunderlich front fender extender

Rizoma fork sliders

Wunderlich Xtreme rear mudguard

Evotech oil cooler guard

Wunderlich sidestand extender

Dart windshield

Anyway, here it is in various states of development, the first photo being the current state of play (albeit without the custom seat fitted):

i-QZ58XpL-XL.jpg

i-5wzQHkg-XL.jpg

i-Q8xvWbM-XL.jpg

i-XQ3dCtT-XL.jpg

i-6k6QDQ6-XL.jpg

i-d8kMSJG-XL.jpg

i-xz5tB2S-XL.jpg

i-CZc4kGH-XL.jpg

Edited by learningtofly

I was just having a browse of readers bikes, and realised I never updated mine given that I bought my 9T back in May. Anyway, this is what it looks like at the moment - aside from the non-standard paint job it has one or two additions/farkles on it...

r

BMW Burnt Orange/Burnt Orange Flake paintwork on tank and front fender. Modified with the following components:

Unit Garage rear rack

Puig bar end mirrors

Rizoma fork sliders

Evotech oil cooler guard

Dart windshield

That's a cracking looking bike you've got there LTF. 8-)

r

Unit Garage rear rack

Puig bar end mirrors

Rizoma fork sliders

Evotech oil cooler guard

Dart windshield

That's a cracking looking bike you've got there LTF. 8-)

Thanks very much. The longer I have it, the more I love it :thumb:

• 2 months later...

Well, I thought I should update this thread as - for a good while, at least - I'm finished with the mods. Some Oberon performance bar ends went on today as well as a Sargent seat pod, and all I really want to do now is upgrade the rear shock; however, I'll probably try to get a good summer of riding in first and then make a decision. I've also decided to keep the rear subframe on, at least until after a weekend trip planned for May. It was disappointing to learn that the bike without the subframe will only take 8kg of luggage on the rear seat, and I don't really want to faff of removing/replacing it repeatedly.

Anyway, the aggregated list of mods now looks as follows (I'm far too scared to add up what I've spent):

• BMW DWA alarm system

• BMW heated grips

• Custom black/orange Scrambler seat

• Dart windshield

• Evotech oil cooler guard

• MachineArt X Heads engine covers

• Oberon Performance bar end mirrors

• Puig front fender extender

• Puig rear hugger

• R&G tail tidy

• Rizoma fork sliders

• Rizoma swing arm license plate holder

• Sargent seat pod

• Unit Garage rear rack (removed for now)

• Unit Garage slip-on exhaust

• V-Trec brake and clutch levers

• Wunderlich sidestand extender

• Wunderlich tank pad set

A few photos...

i-Jn4gQL5-XL.jpg

i-Bw2d5tF-XL.jpg

i-fxtpBWJ-XL.jpg

i-4wnq3VM-XL.jpg