2 stroke carb setting

Gsx750f boy

Bought mz with mikuni carb fitted..idle screw was screwed right in and doesn't seen to do much ..revs low at idle until u lift slide via cable adjust in top of carb.....my question is it seems to be runner rich maybe but bloke I got bike off is running premix 40:1 rather than 50:1 it should be would that make it run rich or weak ( as in fuel quantity rather than oil )due to 40:1 ratio ????? Answers on a postcard please lol :bang: :crybaby:

Bought mz with mikuni carb fitted..idle screw was screwed right in and doesn't seen to do much ..revs low at idle until u lift slide via cable adjust in top of carb.....my question is it seems to be runner rich maybe but bloke I got bike off is running premix 40:1 rather than 50:1 it should be would that make it run rich or weak ( as in fuel quantity rather than oil )due to 40:1 ratio ????? Answers on a postcard please lol :bang: :crybaby:

try unscrewing the idle screw a full 0ne and a half turns out

Idle screw initial setting = 1.5 turns out (from full in).

Mixture screw out 2 turns - sstart bike and when running warm, adust idle to give 1900 revs, then 'peak' mixture. Keep backing off idle & peaaking mixture till it is running stable at 1500 (i.e. 'peaked').

Next operate throttle to check for any 'dead spots'.

NB. If you have trouble setting the carb. Check the needle setting and return to factory setting if not correct. Check ALL air hose couplings and filter for leaks. Use 50:1 with the correct oil and 'good' fuel. Ensure spark plug is correct type, set to correct gap. If still 'bad', check exhaust has no holes and baffle is intact. Check fuel filter (the reserve filter mesh is inside the tank!).

These engines are very well built and should run fine.

:cheers: