Fuzeblock or Innov powerhub

Beans

Hi

I want to fit a GPS device and rather than mess with the fairing I can get easy access to the battery by simply taking off the seat. Seems there is room for a fuzeblock type thingy.

You know how challenged I am by mechanicing. I saw an Innov powerhub 2 that looks neat and tidy and cheaper than a fuzeblock but I can't work out how you connect devices to it. Rather than having connections to put the device wires into, it's got its own wires hanging out. Do you cut and splice these to each device that you add? And how does a single, shared ground wire work? Do you tap into the same ground wire with the ground wire from each device??

https://innovv.co.uk/products/powerhub/

Shall I just pay extra for the fuzeblock?

Not the cheapest way to go!

By the looks of it it has 5 power outputs and one earth

You can probably just earth to the frame of the bike anyway

I have always fitted a fuse box run off a relay switched by the ignition much cheaper :)

I have always fitted a fuse box run off a relay switched by the ignition much cheaper :)

If I knew how to, I would.

I need somewhere to put the thin ends of this, they are like two hairs they are so thin

4049462749696_ml.thumb.jpg.c960c4d80a1f23d7a19ebcf2bdeea2e5.jpg

I have the Fuzeblock and it's been fitted to all of my bikes when I change bikes. The Fuzeblock has six outlets switched or unswitched the Innov is switched only and has only five outlets. They both do the job so it's your choice really.

These will help with the wiring https://posi-connect.com/collections/all

easy to fit and reusable.

Here is a link to the parent company with details of how to fit.

https://www.posi-products.com/

Tomtom rider

Versys 65 and

Clueless electrician

If you're only fitting the sat nav then find a switched live to tap in to

The sat nav draws very little so you won't overload anything

cost would be a few hours finding a switched live and soldering a connection

If I knew how to, I would.

I need somewhere to put the thin ends of this, they are like two hairs they are so thin

4049462749696_ml.jpg

Try to locate acc1 and acc2 cables, should be under the seat, I have them as well behind instrument cluster. Acc1 is always on while acc2 is on with ignition.

06D948D4-467E-4A76-B4CB-772D2E309058.thumb.png.7240e23c26c1af74696aea6a07fa9288.png

Hi

I want to fit a GPS device and rather than mess with the fairing I can get easy access to the battery by simply taking off the seat. Seems there is room for a fuzeblock type thingy.

You know how challenged I am by mechanicing. I saw an Innov powerhub 2 that looks neat and tidy and cheaper than a fuzeblock but I can't work out how you connect devices to it. Rather than having connections to put the device wires into, it's got its own wires hanging out. Do you cut and splice these to each device that you add? And how does a single, shared ground wire work? Do you tap into the same ground wire with the ground wire from each device??

https://innovv.co.uk/products/powerhub/

Shall I just pay extra for the fuzeblock?

Basically YES.

Shared ground wire is just the same as connecting all the grounds to a single frame point or all back to the negative earth terminal.

I just took a fused live to a relay. Relay being switched from the ignition so no time delay. Then from the switched Output into a terminal block like a chocky block, then separate fused feeds to each device. Then the negative from the devices to the nearest best grounded point.

Not as fancy as the power hub but a dam sight cheaper.

Just to add ,you do have an "Options" connector on your bike

Options Connector.JPG

...do all bikes have one??

Who knows? These guys are trying to help but none of them get that we don't know anything about electrics

Options Connector.JPG

Who knows? These guys are trying to help but none of them get that we don't know anything about electrics

We do get it but we are just trying to help you understand that it's not as scary as you think ;-)

Guest Richzx6r

Options Connector.JPG

All I know is it contains magic and wizardry and that if it gets out your screwed

Guest Richzx6r

We do get it but we are just trying to help you understand that it's not as scary as you think ;-)

No its not scary just bloody complicated

its called electrickery :)

Guest Richzx6r

its called electrickery :)

No its wizardry :thumb:

Wiring accessories to a bike doesn't have to be scary, there are lots of instructional videos on Youtube.

There are. And believe me it doesn't make it easier. I think there are a good few people who are never going to understand relays, splicing into a shared ground, tapping into a switched live, etc etc.

I look down below the dash on the bike and there is a mass of wires, all sheathed in black, some wrapped together. And it's just a mass of wires.

Given that some like me can't seem to learn this, the only useful video is one for the exact model of bike I own showing what to do, and probably sparing the details of why.

Motorcycle manufacturers should take the blame, ultimately, it's ridiculous that we even have to ask.

Guest Richzx6r

Wiring accessories to a bike doesn't have to be scary, there are lots of instructional videos on Youtube.

There are. And believe me it doesn't make it easier. I think there are a good few people who are never going to understand relays, splicing into a shared ground, tapping into a switched live, etc etc.

I look down below the dash on the bike and there is a mass of wires, all sheathed in black, some wrapped together. And it's just a mass of wires.

Given that some like me can't seem to learn this, the only useful video is one for the exact model of bike I own showing what to do, and probably sparing the details of why.

Motorcycle manufacturers should take the blame, ultimately, it's ridiculous that we even have to ask.

Amen to that I couldn't have put it better myself