Has anyone fitted a mudflap

They are a waste of time... only "invented' to pass some German TUV regulation or other that mandates a minimum of tyre must be covered. Been around since at least 1993. Biggest problem was they were never intended for some tyres.. off-road style 'blocky' ones had a nasty habit of ripping them off. BMW knew they were useless so they even went so far as to produce a little fitting to cover the bolt holes when it was removed. On my GS and the later 1150.. it was very common to replace it with a hugger which actually achieved something - protecting the rear spring. when the 1200 came along the 'must have' was something called a 'Mudsling' to fit in addition or replace it. For a long time BMW were hanging a sheet of rubber behind the spring in an attempt to keep the mud off... mud that this "mudguard" had zero effect on.

Now.. they are seen as 'normal' to the extents that GIVI produces a cheap replacement. still pointless though. except perhaps as somewhere to put a GB sticker for going abroad.

BMW part - £117

Givi part - £41

Heavens no , oh dearie me . 🙄

Are Harley owners allowed to question aesthetics? :lol:

Bob is absolutely as he is a japanese bike owner also :thumb:

And has been for the best part of forty years .

IMG_20190407_113203898_HDR.thumb.jpg.fde4839ebae97c03df38a8ea01f7af83.jpg

Heavens no , oh dearie me . 🙄

Are Harley owners allowed to question aesthetics? :lol:

Well I don't need any gizmos stuck on as an afterthought because I've got a MUDGUARD .

IMG_20190825_195049971_HDR.thumb.jpg.13ecedaba9dffe4974209fa0265325e7.jpg

Not just a bit of rubber but a Givi one like this?

givi_rm01_rm02_rear_mudflap_kit_750x750.jpg

If so what are they like?

could you please post in the right section..... or could a mod move this to" your worst joke " :thumb:

Not just a bit of rubber but a Givi one like this?

givi_rm01_rm02_rear_mudflap_kit_750x750.jpg

If so what are they like?

could you please post in the right section..... or could a mod move this to" your worst joke " :thumb:

Question was Do they keep mud off? [mention]Gerontious[/mention] replied No they don't

Job done ✔