Came back to my bike after work to find this.

elwon20

IMG_20200109_173756.thumb.jpg.05e2a86527ac3c8101e84251e8a71f5e.jpg

Message reads:

Noticed your bike just wanted to say thanks again :)

With a miniature bottle of Jack Daniels wrapped inside.

Backstory:

Was out on a ride with the Mrs early last Autumn, on the way home, saw a guy stumbling down the wrong side (walking in the same direction as traffic) of a busy 60mph single carriageway road. Sent the Mrs on home (5 mins away) turned around at the next island, put on my hazards and pulled up alongside him.

Guy, was very drunk. Could hardly understand him. Turns out his phone was flat and he was on his way to his mates 3-4 miles down the road. He didn't know his mate's phone number.

Travelled down the road to his mates house based on this guy's drunken description 'there should be a black Honda Civic outside his house, he's always working on it!'.

True to his word several miles down is a black Civic, and luckily enough his mate happens to be outside cleaning it. A quick chat with his mate who frustratedly states "he's always doing **** like this" and his mate jumps in the car and goes and picks him up.

That was months ago. I can only assume this little gift was from the drunk guy. He's got a pretty good memory considering the state he was in! :)

your a better man than me , wouldn't pick up a piss head in me car let alone wobbling about on the back of me bike.

The guy drove to his mate's who picked him up in a honda

yeh I know I know... just saying wouldn't pick him up :roll:

i didnt win twat of the year for nothing :wink:

I picked my brother in law up from the pub on my Harley, he was well pissed but hung on ok. But the Harleys have a lot of room, wouldn't do it now on.my Enfield

Don't do it full stop, you will lose your licence if you get pulled :thumb:

Don't do it full stop, you will lose your licence if you get pulled :thumb:

Are you sure about that? ;-)

Carrying a drunk pillion is not illegal ( although should be ), but the consequences could be, first and foremost as the rider in control of the bike YOU are responsible for your passenger, if the passenger is not safe to be on the bike it should STOP there, after that other factors can come into effect :thumb:

Carrying a drunk pillion is not illegal ( although should be ), but the consequences could be, first and foremost as the rider in control of the bike YOU are responsible for your passenger, if the passenger is not safe to be on the bike it should STOP there, after that other factors can come into effect :thumb:

... So you won't lose your license then. :roll:

What are the other factors that can come in to effect?

... So you won't lose your license then. :roll:

What are the other factors that can come in to effect?

Not being in control of the vehicle, driving without due care and attention, and whatever else the Police can charge you with :lol:

Not being in control of the vehicle, driving without due care and attention, and whatever else the Police can charge you with :lol:

I think you're stretching a bit there mate! :lol:

Maybe but why take the chance, i wouldn't ride with a drunk pillion, i would chuck them in a taxi or make them walk :twisted:

Maybe but why take the chance, i wouldn't ride with a drunk pillion, i would chuck them in a taxi or make them walk :twisted:

So you've gone from losing your licence if you're pulled to it just being something you wouldn't do. :?

Maybe you should have just said that in the first place...

So you've gone from losing your licence if you're pulled to it just being something you wouldn't do. :?

No i haven't, any number of scenario's could happen that would lead to a disqualification, but hey ho not my problem, what other people do is no concern of mine, i only care about my actions and what ever i do is within the boundaries of the law, which suits me fine :thumb:

Many years ago during ye olde days of policing the law would have you for a lot of things:

coughing without due care and attention, or wearing a loud shirt in a built up area to name but a few.

Much more accountable these days though :lol:

No i haven't, any number of scenario's could happen that would lead to a disqualification.

Yes you have! You went from:

Don't do it full stop, you will lose your licence if you get pulled

To:

i wouldn't ride with a drunk pillion, i would chuck them in a taxi or make them walk

You weren't talking about "any number of scenarios", it was pissed pillions!

Mate, if you post something bollocks and get called out on it, just take it on the chin rather then trying to worm out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Traveling home from work at 6am guy stumbling in the middle of a usually very busy main road, drunk he said he'd walked from 12 odd miles away, said he was a prison officer built like brick shit house and tattoos to boot. Gave him a lift home. Months later a guy is walking on the side of the road where a lady had been killed the week before so I offered him a lift, turns out he's just been released from prison. Was a Sunday late at night gave him a lift into town to catch a train. He gets out days he's lost his change in my car. Is fumbling around for ages I think great this is where he shanks me for my pocket change. Thankfully he gave up and wondered off. Last lift I gave :lol:

• 5 weeks later...