New bike!

Westbeef

Some of you know, my CBR was stolen recently and my hand was forced to come away from sportsbikes due to the insurance premiums. My budget was also pretty low for the new bike so I was expecting to be riding a bit of a shed round for a year or two. However I found this gem, in budget and it's immaculate. Now it isn't a CBR but it's certianly a great bike 8-)

https://i.imgur.com/l4UKv3I.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

I can see at a glance that that is a lovingly cared for bike . How many owners ?

The last owner had it 18 years and most of it has been stripped and repainted and meticulously cleaned on a regular basis. I have a mutual friend of the previous owner so know it's history well.

I bought one of them new in 2002. I'd like to hope that, if I had kept it, it would look as good as that.

The only modifications I made to mine was to connect the second dipped beam through a relay so that I could have both on instead of the standard one.

I took it on a track day - brilliant brakes, good handling, could have used another few horsepower. Rode it to Imola and back (WSBK Bayliss v Edwards) and it was comfortable, quick enough (130 mph max) and had a good range when ridden at sensible speeds.

A super bike ! :D

im thinking of an xj 600n one that isnt too shiny to play with in the cave, will have to bend my mates ear as he is a bike mechanic and buys and sells a few bikes

They're good, solid bikes.......very underrated! I've had an N and an S.

what would you say about the weight of them xt medium or heavy i have to be careful these days with the arthritis in my shoulders :scratch:

I found them light.......and quite small in size compared to a Bandit.

They don't have the performance of a Bandit but I found they were actually a better fit for me.

Here's the S.......I had a Fazer at the same time......

FILE1742.JPG.baa25a21331887081359c0d4dbad4dc8.JPG

Here's the N.....

disa1.jpg.64f1576b6e0efd5c8a2ac5de0f2b1357.jpg

Sorry your bike got stolen Beefy :( I feel your pain.

But this looks excellent :thumb: what's it like to ride compared to your cbr?

It's a fair bit tamer as you would expect, but it's still good fun! It's easier to give it some on the Fazer without getting up to silly speeds just to do so :) .

It's a fair bit tamer as you would expect, but it's still good fun! It's easier to give it some on the Fazer without getting up to silly speeds just to do so :) .

R1 brakes on that model!

I felt the sensation of speed more on a naked, must be because you're not tucked in behind a fairing/screen?