Which bike do you wish you still had ?

fastbob

Ok , so following on from What Bikes Have you Had , what is the ONE bike that you no longer have but you wish you still did . Pictures and a little write up about why you miss it please . I'll let someone else begin .

Tl1000s

Owned it for 9 years and loved it! it really was my baby! it's not a bike you just get on and ride as many people will tell you! you had to respect them otherwise you was in a field :shock:

Firing it out of corners with either the rear end squirming about or the front end just skimming the tarmac was way too easy

Wheelies yup plenty of those too!

With a nice set of race cans on it just barked and made you wind it on all the more!

Want to lose your licence or your life? get a TL :D

I am hoping to get the same bike back in the future as my brother owns it at the minute and doesn't ride it! fingers crossed

It just never aged :?

2011-08-27 13.26.09.jpg

2011-08-27 13.26.46.jpg

My GSX 1100 . Bought as an import from America around 1995 . The bike had a high quality paint job in metalic dark green with gold pin striping , a Corbin seat , Vance and Hines 4 into 1 , a rather ugly fork brace and gold wheels . Poor brakes , clumsy handling and ridiculous amounts of unusable power . I would have been happy to have kept this leviathan for years but I smashed it to pieces by wrapping it around a boulder just north of Ullapool in Scotland .

Polish_20191118_200537236.thumb.jpg.1a3361e49e848e3b59d492129ff4eabc.jpg

Wish I still had my 2000 Yamaha R1, the one in my profile pic. Stonkingly fast and a great handling bike. I thought this bike was the Bee's Knees in its day. The good old days when my neighbour had a Ducati 916, and we would often take off early mornings or late evenings up and around Cumbria and the Yorkshire dales. Oh and I was a lot slimmer then too :D Unfortunately being a complete techno-idiot I don't know how to insert a picture.

This … thumping v twin sound , loved it, why the fook did I get rid :roll:

Mad bike , I'm sure I've seen one of these things wheelie and corner at the same time !

IMG_0480 (1).JPG

probably my 1978 rd 250e

If you want to transfer old photos to digital on the cheap without a scanner , shine an ultra bright LED torch on them at an angle to avoid reflections . Then you can crop and perk them up with an app such as Polish .

Polish_20191118_204327632.thumb.jpg.19bed5d770a1fab387d43e4d2632c426.jpg

yes it brings yours up well Bob :thumb: the trouble with the film we were using at the time was when they were developed they had an orangey look about them and i think if i put a light under them they really would look weird :?

Edited by skyrider

I still miss my RVF400.

i have a mate who has two of them he keeps one in the garage and the other in his living room

They really are great bikes!, quite rare and expensive these days too, although not to the same extent as their 750cc big brother!.

I still miss my RVF400.

i have a mate who has two of them he keeps one in the garage and the other in his living room

They really are great bikes!, quite rare and expensive these days too, although not to the same extent as their 750cc big brother!.

there used to be two grey import dealers near us so they were popular in the area and i think one still does them

yes it brings yours up well Bob :thumb: the trouble with the film we were using at the time was when they were developed they had an orangey look about them and i think if i put a light under them they really would look weird :?

You don't put a light under them , you shine it on top .

Give me more pixels .

Polish_20200220_001037124.png.50313b6c9dce9ecead0a2921ec421445.png