Insurance Tips

DJP

1) Never buy through the comparison site: Your details don't always transfer properly onto the actual insurers website (and you don't want to find that the details are wrong after you've paid).

2) It's often cheaper to go direct to the insurer anyway.

For example, this year I ran my details through the “Bike Insurer” comparison site, and the best quote was £165.00 with Express Insurance. Seemed reasonable.

I then went direct to Express's own web site and the quote dropped to £135.00!

Far better than my existing insurer who came back with a renewal of £280.00 which takes the pee considering that most of my quotes were well under £200.00. :roll:

Good tips

Also another good tip is click the advert above this post and ring the number for bikesure for a quote :D

Every policy taken out is commission for the forum and it keeps this place running :D

1) Never buy through the comparison site: Your details don't always transfer properly onto the actual insurers website (and you don't want to find that the details are wrong after you've paid).

2) It's often cheaper to go direct to the insurer anyway.

For example, this year I ran my details through the “Bike Insurer” comparison site, and the best quote was £165.00 with Express Insurance. Seemed reasonable.

Far better than my existing insurer who came back with a renewal of £280.00 which takes the pee considering that most of my quotes were well under £200.00. :roll:

My quotes on go compare and money supermarket were just over £2000 for fully comp on a 125.

direct with bikesure Fully comp inc breakdown cover £233.

This year I ran my details through the “Bike Insurer” comparison site, and the best quote was £165.00 with Express Insurance. Seemed reasonable.

your next step should be to phone them for a further reduction.

Happened to me, good tip.