Pining for the open road

frecklechops

IMG_20200217_210444_212.jpg

Anyone else ready for this weather to bugger off? I'm dying to get back on the road again!

As a namby pamby fairweather cruiser rider this year I decided it was time to eliminate the winter blues.

Problem solved 😁

IMG_20200118_203704.thumb.jpg.805297caefb78a1efb53e89746f14927.jpg

This is why I have an old Honda as well as the Triumph. It gets ridden in all weathers. Always comes home covered in mud, a quick hosing down is all it needs.

It has rained more or less constantly since last September. Even when it isn't raining the run off from fields means the roads are filthy. Never seen a winter like it.

A good old winter hack is well worth having.

This is why I have an old Honda as well as the Triumph. It gets ridden in all weathers. Always comes home covered in mud, a quick hosing down is all it needs.

It has rained more or less constantly since last September. Even when it isn't raining the run off from fields means the roads are filthy. Never seen a winter like it.

I absolutely agree! I also have an old Honda for non sunny weather. I don't bother cleaning it though - the shit off the fields can stay on it as it helps hide the rust. :-)

My brother and brother in law both have Triumph Bobbers. Great bikes

IMG_20200208_171241.thumb.jpg.3b7f88cb2cf3ef8d68235bec6a5cd302.jpg

I recognise that Bobber. Is he on the Bobber forum?

Quite possibly. Hopefully he isn't to bobber forums what I was to Harley forums 😕

Quite possibly. Hopefully he isn't to bobber forums what I was to Harley forums 😕

It's hosted in the US and most members are American so they have some pretty weird ideas. I just ignore that side of things.

As a namby pamby fairweather cruiser rider this year I decided it was time to eliminate the winter blues.

Problem solved 😁

Ace bike to do it on mate, I've got one of those :thumb:

49589277412_37999c319d_k.jpg

Definately. I've been constantly surprised what it will do off-road considering many of the reviews complain about suspension and power. Are you running standard gearing? I'm thinking of going to 13/42

Definately. I've been constantly surprised what it will do off-road considering many of the reviews complain about suspension and power. Are you running standard gearing? I'm thinking of going to 13/42

Yes, standard gearing on mine. The main change I made was a YSS rear shock, made a helluva difference. Been to France on it twice already , great bike despite the naysayers :D

I'm an all-weather rider, but I still want the bad weather to piss off. Two reasons.

I ride for convenience more often than fun when the weather sucks.

I'm sick of cleaning the bloody bikes! :crybaby:

Hi.

Been out today. Whitby to Scarborough, Thornton Dale, Fyling Dales and back home. Cold hands. The roads were dry but dusty. Sunshine all the way.

Just so great to be out there.

Regards.

I also took to the road today a nice ride in the sunshine and the bikes computer told be it was a balmy 11 degrees. Let's hope the improvement continues although I think there is a bit of a hiccough around Tuesday.

Next time you are off to J & S let me know, I have a ride there sometimes.

I am usually around as i only live 10 mins away, often call there for a browse in the afternoon and sometimes have a brew :thumb:

I am usually around as i only live 10 mins away, often call there for a browse in the afternoon and sometimes have a brew :thumb:

Lucky sod, I visit J&S a few times a year... it would be much more regularly if I lived closer. Need to go back there soon to get the zips changed on mine and the Mrs leather jeans (they don't fit our jackets).

Lucky sod, I visit J&S a few times a year... it would be much more regularly if I lived closer. Need to go back there soon to get the zips changed on mine and the Mrs leather jeans (they don't fit our jackets).

Which branch do you use ?

Which branch do you use ?

Northwich, but tbh I didn't realise they had one in Wolverhampton that is likely closer to me.

Hmmm, I live just down the road from the Northwich J&S. It's a bit too tempting really.

Today was a good day ...... mostly. First time the roads round here have dried out. Then I hit a huge patch of mud by a gateway into a field. It was all a bit interesting for a while.