What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

I got into the habit of oiling cables when they used to freeze up on cold days. It was not fun going into a bend with the throttle frozen open.

I still oil the cables on the Honda but not on the Triumph. That has magical sparkles between things.

Rode the bike this morning- only about 5 miles to doctors and back, last ride was second weekend in November, the weekend before the operation & I didn't know if would be on bike again.

Operation seems to have been successful (touch wood) and chemotherapy not as bad as feared

Roads and roadworks horrible - rain and wind shocking

R1200R behaved perfectly

AWSOME MORNING 😀

Rode the bike this morning- only about 5 miles to doctors and back, last ride was second weekend in November, the weekend before the operation & I didn't know if would be on bike again.

Operation seems to have been successful (touch wood) and chemotherapy not as bad as feared

Roads and roadworks horrible - rain and wind shocking

R1200R behaved perfectly

AWSOME MORNING 😀

Nice one......hope all goes well!

Anyone tried Slinky Glide cables ? I bought some throttle cables for the ER5 and the issue I have is that they are too good ! They are so frictionless that I find it very difficult to hold the throttle steady especially on a bumpy road .

I have them on the TRX and found exactly the same as you, some feel is nice! Also mine have stretched an inordinate amount so don't be surprised by that, though they still seem in good condition otherwise.

Watch you don't break a nail!!

The things us Pensioners have to do!

And still no sign of a Boy Scout to help me across the road!

With the lack of life where you live I don't think there is any fear of getting run over!

Been out to test......running fine.......no leaks! Then a jet wash!

Bit of chain lubing and polishing tomorrow.....as I don't want to overdo it in one day obviously!

Most men my age are playing dominoes in Old Peoples' Homes......but I'm not most men! 8-)

Sounds pretty good to me with the Repsol oil.......I was glad to get that Castrol out.

Gearchange isn't as slick as with the Motul but pretty good nonetheless.

So Motul will go in in 3K kms (if I can get it this time).

Some of you will perhaps query that interval......but after 49 years and 63 bikes I've always gone by this rule....."Oil is cheaper than Metal".

Sounds pretty good to me with the Repsol oil.......I was glad to get that Castrol out.

Some of you will perhaps query that interval......but after 49 years and 63 bikes I've always gone by this rule....."Oil is cheaper than Metal".

Yep most would baulk at 3k intervals however most would forget that it ain't in Damp Cold blighty ...

So given the extra heat and dusty conditions then i agree

Yep most would baulk at 3k intervals however most would forget that it ain't in Damp Cold blighty ...

So given the extra heat and dusty conditions then i agree

If I can get hold of Motul I'll drop that oil in 1300kms.......because that will bring it in line with the 36K kms recommended service point.

Thereafter it's just a matter of changing every 3K kms and the intervals will match up with the maintenance schedule which is every 6K.

I couldn't leave that Castrol in there any longer so I had to do this oilchange now.

Oil change, greasing, chain clean, chain lube, removed more bloody flies that the washing didn't clear, and all the polishing now done!

Had to space it out over 2 days now I'm a Pensioner! FFS!

IMG_20200225_154313.thumb.jpg.fa134f5c17c3ae5c2cba0edda2a3d8a0.jpg

I fitted an LED headlight on the CG yesterday...

Then I took it out and kicked it across the garage because it was SHITE!

Chinese one?

Give that man a goldfish!

Only be sure to call it Fister. :-D

Chinese one?

Give that man a goldfish!

Only be sure to call it Fister. :-D

Sell it to [mention]dynax[/mention].......he can't get enough of that shit!

What exactly did you get?? I've been considering getting one for the Z250 but most reviews say exactly the same. There again it has a Chinese H4 halogen unit right now which is okay on dip, terrible beam pattern on high beam though where it just sprays light everywhere and not particularly forwards.

What exactly did you get?? I've been considering getting one for the Z250 but most reviews say exactly the same. There again it has a Chinese H4 halogen unit right now which is okay on dip, terrible beam pattern on high beam though where it just sprays light everywhere and not particularly forwards.

These ones:

20200225_213939.thumb.jpg.f43b0852d780f8e571ddbb7b597233f2.jpg

Beam pattern? What beam pattern! I wish I'd taken a pic because it was a splodge on high and low.

I must have spent an hour and a half fiddling about to get it somewhere reasonable and then when I went to stick the unit back in the housing it turned out the fan/heat exchanger this was too long.

Mild shoving caused the thing to break in two so that was the end if that.

Bought a leather toolbag for bridget which arrived today, will put it on her later then will take her tool shopping sometime and fill it up, will have to wait till i'm flush though you know how women like to spend money :lol: :cheers:

Bought a leather toolbag for bridget which arrived today, will put it on her later then will take her tool shopping sometime and fill it up, will have to wait till i'm flush though you know how women like to spend money :lol: :cheers:

giphy.gif.7d54ed459163b4bdbf52d524d8f329b2.gif