Which bike do you wish you still had ?

fastbob

Wish I still had my 2000 Yamaha R1, the one in my profile pic. Stonkingly fast and a great handling bike. I thought this bike was the Bee's Knees in its day. The good old days when my neighbour had a Ducati 916, and we would often take off early mornings or late evenings up and around Cumbria and the Yorkshire dales. Oh and I was a lot slimmer then too :D Unfortunately being a complete techno-idiot I don't know how to insert a picture.

This is mine :cheers:

20171230_140718-1032x774.thumb.jpg.4e814e805fd513343fb33568867cae6b.jpg

I did not own it, I just did some of my training on it, the Suzuki Van Van. Loved it.

I had a Van Van and loved it. Only sold it because I needed to do more motorway miles for work. Where I live now a Van Van would be ideal, those big fat tyres would tackle the appalling roads no problem.

It is a bit of a Marmite bike though.

Wish I still had my 2000 Yamaha R1, the one in my profile pic. Stonkingly fast and a great handling bike. I thought this bike was the Bee's Knees in its day. The good old days when my neighbour had a Ducati 916, and we would often take off early mornings or late evenings up and around Cumbria and the Yorkshire dales. Oh and I was a lot slimmer then too :D Unfortunately being a complete techno-idiot I don't know how to insert a picture.

This is mine :cheers:

I had one in those colours in 2009/2010 remember thinking how ahead of it’s time it must have been in 1998, still great bikes today!, yours looks really clean :thumb: .

It is with great regret I will own up to selling 3 Ducati bevel drives over the years !

Ironically they would be worth a small fortune now but I was happy with £2500 for the last one (Black and gold V reg)

Cheer

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Still own it. My trusted 1998 Honda CB500.

Owned, rode and sold lots of different bikes over the years but could never bring myself to sell the CB.

Plenty of fast enough for me (110MPH head down). Incredibly reliable. Cheap to insure (65 quid this year with no NCD!). Good enough MPG (60 if i'm been really careful). Masses of spares.

A close second would be my ancient 1985 Kawasaki GPZ305 which i was given. Me and my dad dragged it out of a hedge that had grown around it jumped it off the car and it ran! The cam chain rattled that much it ate through the cam chain tunnel but it was just such a fun little bike to ride.

Cheers,

Shaun.

This one, KTM640 Adventure. The only bike I've had that you could ride around the world straight from the factory without having to mod it in some way.

350 miles to a tank, superb suspension and pretty quick for a single cylinder bike.

49675103293_3c03c9cb0f_c.jpg[/url]

It was a 2011 CBR600RR I had in 2013

Bought stock, fitted a full Akropovic exhaust system, carbon fibre body work, R&G gubbins all over it, K&N filter, power commander. Stock they put out around 117 at the crank, I got it to that at the back wheel.

It was stolen. After my ex wanted to take me out for a celebratory meal, I parked up in a Sainsburys out of the way where she was sure it would be safe. Came back to find they'd used an angle grinder through the protection, bolts on the floor where they'd quickly disassembled parts of the bike to get other bits off in a rush.

Really annoyed I have so few pictures of it, none really to hand to throw up on here either :(

Many many

My wonderful SS50 with C70 head and barrel

594063155_SS501977.thumb.jpg.57ec162b6c24d2b49fb08ca3da17a50e.jpg

My first of many 400/4' s

had it from 1978 std and later put 400 superdream front end and back wheel on, oil cooler but before I had chance to lacquer the tank etc a mini wrote it off Aug 82

766724356_aftercrashaug82.thumb.jpg.52159146d386fb6e9969da11b883b1dc.jpg

Proddy RD400C

481666788_CroftAugust1981intotowerbendRD400PVN321R-post.thumb.jpg.e1ef07b1d69e9800d69e78bdab8fcf22.jpg

350LC bought as a write off in 1982 to race but sold it for a large profit

1864042942_350LC-April1982Done.jpg.d4b6dca17ed507cd9c00687f3a43774b.jpg

Vfr 400 WOW just WOW

IMG_9025.thumb.jpg.59aeb4bfbd7d9974f7db9a2a0d775e4a.jpg

Will have to scan a pic of my RE5, SFS31R if anyone sees it, was blue now Red

Rob B