1st pair of boots

Have a question about what clothing to buy, not sure what luggage or security would be best, looking for information on good deals available? Check out our Tried and Tested section of the forum....... still cant find an answer? Please post here!!
2wheeltrundel
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times

1st pair of boots

Post by 2wheeltrundel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:07 pm

I am looking into buying my 1st pair of dedicated motorcycle boots ,up till now I have just used work boots ,I do use my 125 mainly for transport but am thinking of maybe a short camping trip later this year ,looked online for some RST tundra being one Diora Deuce another I want to be able to walk around in them are these suitable ? or are they too uncomfortable for walking ,I guess if the weather is warm they will ,any help with either these particular boots or general thoughts would be much appreciated .

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1756 times

Re: 1st pair of boots

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:11 pm

You really need to try boots on. I just replaced my RSTs which have been very comfortable and it took me a couple of hours trying different boots. It’s worth going to somewhere like J&S, you will pay a bit more but they have stock you can try on.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

APR
Bike(s): 2005 Yamaha R6
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by APR » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Yeh J&S are great for stock. We’ve got M&P in South Wales too, which also have a great stock. I bought mine from the Swansea branch after trying on so so so many pairs. The problem with my boots is they’re no good for walking, but that’s not what they’re designed for. There’s loads of options now in the “commuter” style/range that could be ok for you though? Any decent places near you to go and try some on?

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 618 times

Post by skyrider » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:45 pm

yes these companys should start making boots for all round use ( riding your bike and walking ) which also would need to be waterproof, i have been on the lookout for such boots for a while now and some boots dont come in a wide fitting :(
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Been liked: 10 times

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Forma Adventure. Walking comfort + water resistance. Tall version is softer around ankles and shins, which makes them comfier to walk in than the short version. Geko gaiters are a useful addition
http://gekoracing.co.uk/gaiters/boot-gaiters/

IMG-20200227-00017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FallingDown
Subscriber
Bike(s): CRF250 Rally - Streetbob
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by FallingDown » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 am

Sidi Adventure 2 for me. Pricey, squeaky, but soooooo good.

Richzx6r
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Post by Richzx6r » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:51 am

I'll chime in with if you can keep away from race boots, whilst being comfortable they normally aren't very waterproof and most of them squeak annoyingly and theres not much you can do to stop it
Its better when its loaded

2wheeltrundel
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by 2wheeltrundel » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:42 pm

The nearest big motorcycle shops are about 20mile away and yes it would be much better to try some on, i do like to get of the bike and look normal as it were, i was wondering if somthing like Altburgh army type boots and gators would be worth a try, not sure how warm they would be in cold weather.

dynax
Subscriber
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Has liked: 1643 times
Been liked: 991 times

Post by dynax » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:48 pm

I would get 2 pairs, one for summer that is lightweight and comfortable to walk around in, and a winter pair and allow room for a couple of pairs of thick socks :thumb:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

FallingDown
Subscriber
Bike(s): CRF250 Rally - Streetbob
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by FallingDown » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Sportsbikeshop have a fantastic returns system and customer service if you need to try something on you're not sure about. Also do price match too. I'm not affiliated, just a really satisfied customer.

Pie man
Bike(s): Bavarian Mudslinger 1200GS & Yamaha MT07
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Pie man » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:33 pm

My two penneth...Which ever you buy, try to buy Gore-tex. I have a pair of TCX Explorer Boots & Sidi Adventure 2 boots, the TCX are great, and far more comfortable for walking in. The Sidi boots offer far greater support and fit higher up the leg, but not as easy to walk in, like others have said, go and try them on :shock: :D

raesewell
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 2013
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 521 times

Post by raesewell » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:48 pm

Whilst I love my Gore-Tex gear it's not the be all and end all for boots. I have a pair of Altbergs that are not Gore-Tex and have never let in a drop of water, they are not the cheapest or best looking boots but they will keep you dry and safe. They are purported to last at least 10 years I've had mine about six years and they are still going strong. So when you take the price of the boots and divide it by 10 it works out to a very reasonable yearly price.
Many Police forces wear them.
https://www.altberg.co.uk/

Bender
Has liked: 1639 times
Been liked: 2067 times

Post by Bender » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:53 pm

skyrider wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:45 pm
yes these companys should start making boots for all round use ( riding your bike and walking ) which also would need to be waterproof, i have been on the lookout for such boots for a while now and some boots dont come in a wide fitting :(
They do, I have a pair 😁
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

MikeHorton
Bike(s): Yamaha Tracer 900GT,
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by MikeHorton » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:46 pm

raesewell wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:48 pm
Whilst I love my Gore-Tex gear it's not the be all and end all for boots. I have a pair of Altbergs that are not Gore-Tex and have never let in a drop of water, they are not the cheapest or best looking boots but they will keep you dry and safe. They are purported to last at least 10 years I've had mine about six years and they are still going strong. So when you take the price of the boots and divide it by 10 it works out to a very reasonable yearly price.
Many Police forces wear them.
https://www.altberg.co.uk/
V popular boots with the police they do last for ages

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 618 times

Post by skyrider » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Bender wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:53 pm
skyrider wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:45 pm
They do, I have a pair 😁
right lets have a price,and make + photos and supplier
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Return to “Clothing, Luggage, Accessories and Security”