32 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Honda
    • Kawasaki
    • Suzuki
    • Yamha

Honda for bikes and Toyota for cars.

Nah definitely jaaggg for cars and so far Kawasaki for bikes

Jaaaaggs aren't Japanese though :P, I'm not a huge fan of them to be honest, had too much bad experience with things from JLR, the XF and XK look nice though.

Had 3 Hondas and a Yamaha. Loved the Yam and it always made me turn around for another look as I walked away but the Africa Twin (DCT) was something special. A truly do everything bike and I've never had as much fun as I've had on the CRF Rally. The thing self heals like Wolverine. No matter how hard I drop it, how deep the water is, how many orange flashing lights come on for a while, they all go off by themselves before the next ride.

20180630_134946.thumb.jpg.68eba73521fc99ae0dba2ed0a09af5d4.jpg

20150419_160104.thumb.jpg.3f80e349aa66dd84455242502e02fc5a.jpg

IMG_20191213_161650.thumb.jpg.6139f1af63e3247bc1b4e7488f3c372b.jpg

Had 3 Hondas and a Yamaha. Loved the Yam and it always made me turn around for another look as I walked away but the Africa Twin (DCT) was something special. A truly do everything bike and I've never had as much fun as I've had on the CRF Rally. The thing self heals like Wolverine. No matter how hard I drop it, how deep the water is, how many orange flashing lights come on for a while, they all go off by themselves before the next ride.

What are your impressions of the Honda Fury ? That is a Fury isn't it ? I saw one of these in Applecross which means someone rode it up the Bealach na Ba . Quite an achievement with a wheelbase like that .

What are your impressions of the Honda Fury ? That is a Fury isn't it ? I saw one of these in Applecross which means someone rode it up the Bealach na Ba . Quite an achievement with a wheelbase like that .

Could have come from the northern route.

Took the car to Applecross via Bealach na Ba. that was bad enough, don’t think I would like to tackle it on a bike with that wheelbase.

Suzuki falling behind I see . I never really set out to be a Suzuki owner , it's just the way it went . My first four cylinder bike was a GS 550 and it just followed on from there . GS 850 , GSX 1100ET , GSXR 1100 L , GSXR 1100 WP . No major mechnical issues .

WP_20180217_15_32_17_Pro.thumb.jpg.75a686ba55a514495928ab5ff21a99c0.jpg

Could have come from the northern route.

Took the car to Applecross via Bealach na Ba. that was bad enough, don’t think I would like to tackle it on a bike with that wheelbase.

The northern route is quite hairy too . I rode all the way down the southern side with my engine off on the ER5 just for a laugh and I made it right to the bottom . I've also ridden up the southern side in a gale with zero visibility on a GSXR 1100 with luggage . I definitely had to use The Force a few times .

It's a Yamaha XVS 1300 Custom (Stryker in the US). Some clever geometry on the front end gave it the raked out look with far better handling than it should have been. Handling also improved when I changed the standard 210 rear tyre for a 240. Being pinched into the rim gave it a more rounded profile allowing it to tip in easier. This was my first "big" bike after my 125. Surprisingly confidence inspiring.IMG_20200304_001627.thumb.jpg.e8dd5223bf2a252c824aef355b951c5f.jpg

It's a Yamaha XVS 1300 Custom (Stryker in the US). Some clever geometry on the front end gave it the raked out look with far better handling than it should have been. Handling also improved when I changed the standard 210 rear tyre for a 240. Being pinched into the rim gave it a more rounded profile allowing it to tip in easier. This was my first "big" bike after my 125. Surprisingly confidence inspiring.IMG_20200304_001627.jpg

From a 125 to that . That's the way to go ! Sorry I mistook it for a Honda .

Polish_20200304_005402584.thumb.jpg.14ccfbf83e67b1320d1fec4d84921ae1.jpg

It's a Yamaha XVS 1300 Custom (Stryker in the US). Some clever geometry on the front end gave it the raked out look with far better handling than it should have been. Handling also improved when I changed the standard 210 rear tyre for a 240. Being pinched into the rim gave it a more rounded profile allowing it to tip in easier. This was my first "big" bike after my 125. Surprisingly confidence inspiring.IMG_20200304_001627.jpg

From a 125 to that . That's the way to go ! Sorry I mistook it for a Honda .

Easily done. I like the look of the Fury but the Yam was a bit closer to the Harley Breakout I loved but couldn't afford. I honestly went to the dealer intending to get a 600cc something but we all know what happens in those places

Guest Richzx6r

Honda for bikes and Toyota for cars.

Jaaaaggs aren't Japanese though :P, I'm not a huge fan of them to be honest, had too much bad experience with things from JLR, the XF and XK look nice though.

No but I love jags tbh don't know why

I love classic Jags but now they are turning out electric cars , 4x4s and Estates it seems like just another name .

Edited by fastbob

Guest Richzx6r

I love classic Jags but now they are turning out electric cars , 4x4s and Estates it seems lift just another name .

Well my 54 plate x type is effectively just a mondeo

I love classic Jags but now they are turning out electric cars , 4x4s and Estates it seems likt just another name .

u

Well my 54 plate x type is effectively just a mondeo

Each to their own, there’s nothing wrong with them :thumb: , styling wise I do quite like some of their newer stuff, never really liked the classic E Type etc, give me an AC Cobra over one of them any day!.

Each to their own, there’s nothing wrong with them :thumb: , styling wise I do quite like some of their newer stuff, never really liked the classic E Type etc, give me an AC Cobra over one of them any day!.

Got to agree with you there . In my eyes the E Type is far too high off the ground and the roof is too high . Compared to a cobra that looks like its crouching ready to strike , the E Type is awkward looking .

styling wise I do quite like some of their newer stuff, never really liked the classic E Type etc

Seriously, does the winner get a holiday, cruise, new bike or something? Everyone is going for it!

Got to agree with you there . In my eyes the E Type is far too high off the ground and the roof is too high . Compared to a cobra that looks like its crouching ready to strike , the E Type is awkward looking .

I think you’ve summed it up really well there, the E Type is a bit soft and quaint looking to me, with those wire wheels whereas the Cobra just looks mean and purposeful, especially with those side exit exhausts, another one I’ve always really liked is the Jensen Interceptor although that was a bit later and later than that still (90s and 00s) I really like some of the TVRs.

Can you guys please keep it on topic?

Thanks

@rennie bringing this to your attention just in case.

rc4599garage.jpg

That better? 8-)

now that is an expensive toy :shock:

Tell me about it, I've always liked them ever since having the 400 version, that sound :mrgreen: , sadly very expensive and probably a big let down compared to some more modern stuff but if I won the lottery I'd have one, right next to an R7!.

Can you guys please keep it on topic?

Thanks

@rennie bringing this to your attention just in case.

Nobody likes a grass Geoff :roll:

Snatch-2000-00-10-26.jpg

Snitches get stitches