What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

No choice.,..had to buy a Chinese one as the Yamaha carb is a rediculous price. :shock:

No used on E-Bay?

Not a one!.......tried Partfinder...and phoned a few breakers........no joy.

So had no choice but a Chinese pattern part.

Managed to get Xena out to the front this morning had to move some of the neighbours stuff out of the way, all good for a couple of hours riding this aft :thumb:

Forgot to add, modified the camera mount for the cube camera so should be pretty vibration free but will see the results when i get back :cheers:

We got wet :lol: 20 mins into our ride the heavens opened, but i thought what the heck we are out now so still enjoyed it, and Xena needed to stretch her legs anyway :thumb:

Had to pull the Rear tyre off the SV1000, due to it losing pressure, cleaned rim and stuck it back on, fingers crossed, looking good so far 😁.IMG_20200219_164753275.thumb.jpg.e73d0aaffb084c74847ea6b011fe314a.jpg.

IMG_20200219_181344207.thumb.jpg.6f6fa36dc0d1dd9143b70d1afee50e06.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Had to pull the Rear tyre off the SV1000, due to it losing pressure, cleaned rim and stuck it back on, fingers crossed, looking good so far 😁.IMG_20200219_164753275.jpg.

You do it yourself??

Had to pull the Rear tyre off the SV1000, due to it losing pressure, cleaned rim and stuck it back on, fingers crossed, looking good so far 😁.IMG_20200219_164753275.jpg.

You do it yourself??

Yep, been changing tyres for over 40 years, struggle now getting older!! Might invest some of my pension and get a tyre changer soon :D

You do it yourself??

Yep, been changing tyres for over 40 years, struggle now getting older!! Might invest some of my pension and get a tyre changer soon :D

You're another OAP then? Where did those years go? :(

You do it yourself??

Ain't got a bloody clue, I still think I can do most thing's!! But then I find out I can't :scratch:

But at least I can still ride a bike reasonably well, and still do the odd Trackday, and they are odd!!!!!!

Someone keeps moving the Apex on the Corners every Lap :oops:

You do it yourself??

It's all about the lube

You do it yourself??

It's all about the lube

I mean when you're changing tyres.... Not when you're a pensioner

Ain't got a bloody clue, I still think I can do most thing's!! But then I find out I can't :scratch:

But at least I can still ride a bike reasonably well, and still do the odd Trackday, and they are odd!!!!!!

Someone keeps moving the Apex on the Corners every Lap :oops:

Brilliant!

Are you retired? I should be........but I'll always keep working!

Yes, retired over 10 years ago, then started working on mates bikes, but ended up with loads of mates!!!!!

So 2 years ago when wife retired hung up spanners!! Still do odd jobs for mate's I known for years, But just started to get state pension!!

Yes, retired over 10 years ago, then started working on mates bikes, but ended up with loads of mates!!!!!

So 2 years ago when wife retired hung up spanners!! Still do odd jobs for mate's I known for years, But just started to get state pension!!

I was 65 last April so mine kicked in last November!

DWP are gutted we lived this long! :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Just given the ninja a good clean, and cleaned the chain and wheels with petrol followed by a good rinse and sponge clean now I'm going to try lubing the chain with engine oil rather than the spray on lube I normally use see what results I get with it :thumb:

15834140117844784966205441181562.thumb.jpg.017155a0c515e4543cea0d4e26fea49c.jpg

15834140372043509249147087207751.thumb.jpg.9b90509af5f758de1e72ee6a1e475252.jpg

Just given the ninja a good clean, and cleaned the chain and wheels with petrol followed by a good rinse and sponge clean now I'm going to try lubing the chain with engine oil rather than the spray on lube I normally use see what results I get with it :thumb:

It'll fling everywhere!

Guest Richzx6r

It'll fling everywhere!

So just go with my normal stuff then? Though by looks of it my normal stuff coats the rear wheel anyway

1583414563481544828009521923784.thumb.jpg.8ca25d9f0c6ad825e36545363d27cf0c.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

It'll fling everywhere!

Iv used my normal stuff :thumb:

I was 65 last April so mine kicked in last November!

DWP are gutted we lived this long! :lol:

Hi, 65 in May last year, so received first full month in February, Yep never expected to reach this age 😂.

Small job today!!! Wiring sat nav on friends New Harley Davidson Street Bob.IMG_20200227_163615305.thumb.jpg.18fd4b38234ca2966f37a3a05d943614.jpg

Where's the battery!!!!IMG-20200226-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.2275db1c5a59303fe2b9822bd8060140.jpeg

Hi, 65 in May last year, so received first full month in February, Yep never expected to reach this age 😂.

Not many of us even made it out of the 70's!

Great days weren't they?

I find this is very good! Fully synthetic oil!

Lubes well, doesn't glue up and stiffen the chain, and minimal fling.

And after mentioning this the other day I found I'm out of it!

So it's call into the small hardware store to get another can this evening.

You can't even buy a doorknob in this place but you can still buy a can of Castrol Racing Chain Lube! :lol:

Don't ask......it's just the way it is here!

I find this is very good! Fully synthetic oil!

Lubes well, doesn't glue up and stiffen the chain, and minimal fling.

Mmm racing lube.

I've booked the 750 in for its test on satdey. So of course the horn stopped working...

Inside the switch, having removed the bit for the indicator and trying my best not to lose the little screws and springs:

https://i.imgur.com/dp1Md7Kl.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Fiddly bit of soldering with everything dangling but it works again. No wonder it broke, there isn't much strain relief for the wires but as long as it works on Saturday.

Everything else seems to work, I'll put the seat back on and away we go.