Flat battery

Beans

I would test voltage when running and at each of the first few 1000's revs ranges up too 6k?

Will try this

Parasitic Draw:

Particularly If you are using same SatNav on both bikes I would be suspicious of that,

or if you have wired cam,

Alarms are a PITA for it.

Even the clock on some bikes can draw a surprising amount,

Sat nav doesn't stay on the bike and wasn't on my Honda. I can't see it being the cause.

As others say turning on parking lights when turning off, I know I did it the other day :oops:

If it has an alarm it has not been left in the wind so drawing more power from the battery.

Versys doesn't have parking lights. You can turn the key past lock and then put an indicator on, but not parking lights. I definitely didn't have my indicator on. No alarm fitted.

2 year old battery could be dead if it's ever been let run down. If it's been cold where you are that would definitely cause issues for a failing battery. ..charge it up and let it rest for an hour or so and measure the voltage. If it's below 12.5v it's probably not great, if it's below 12v it's knackered. If the battery is good then measure the parasitic drain on the battery to see if anything is draining it.

Battery is at 12.94v an hour after being charged. I will check again in the morning. I will test parasitic drain and charging at weekend.

Battery is at 12.94v an hour after being charged. I will check again in the morning. I will test parasitic drain and charging at weekend.

Depending on your charger that in itself could be suspicious, fast charge quick flat can = knackered battery.

As others have said check voltage with load on if it drop significantly its not holding charge and is knackered.

Confused now :?:

Voltage after 24 hours 12.8 v

Voltage at 2000rpm 14.2v

It appears to be a good battery with a functional charging system.

I can't work out how it didn't have the charge to start the bike.

Confused now :?:

Voltage after 24 hours 12.8 v

Voltage at 2000rpm 14.2v

It appears to be a good battery with a functional charging system.

I can't work out how it didn't have the charge to start the bike.

That all sounds ok. I guess you just have to see how it goes. I have one of those compact lithium starter packs that I carry if I'm ever suspicious of a battery.