Close call

montys1

:shock:

Had a close call Thu morning on way to work at Basingstoke. Been pissing down forever and lots of surface water. Came off M3 turned left at Black Dam roundabout and there’s a flyover ahead that always has a big puddle the far side of it when it rains. It’s a dual carriageway I was on the inside approaching the puddle doing 40 ready for it. In my mirror I see an Audi really travelling on the outside doing at least 70 so I guess he wanted to splash me. We hit the puddle same time, massive splash from him soaking me from head to foot. Lost vision for a few seconds, I slowed right down as he proceeded to do several 360s in a row across the inside lane. He hit a metal lamppost snapping it in half and rolled over 4 times down a bank and hit a tree landing upside down. Lucky to be alive. Young couple in the car.

Thanks yep pretty shaken up he had a broken collar bone at least. Not sure about the girl. The police left him in tears about his driving. Karma I guess.

No consideration for anyone else at all! I bet his plan was to soak you!

Serves him right and no sympathy! Glad he never took anyone else out with him!

Thanks yep pretty shaken up he had a broken collar bone at least. Not sure about the girl. The police left him in tears about his driving. Karma I guess.

what do you mean , not sure about the girl, was she a bit of a minger ?

Same thing happened to me years ago on my way to the Lake District but I was in a car. Torrential rain, horrible visibility and an M3 came past me like I was going backwards. Hydroplaned right in front of me, several spins and then off into the ditch. My immediate thought as probably all of us would was to pull over and help, and had I been on my own I probably would have but I thought do I want to put my wife's life at risk from another idiot doing the same rhing right into our car to help someone that had no consideration for anyone elses life? We called the emergency services but didn't stop. It played on my mind for a while but I'm happy with my decision. We never heard anything from the police so I assume nobody was badly hurt.

The faster you hit water , the more it behaves like a solid object . As this dickhead has just discovered .

Very true. Goes to show you can have a flash Audi with all the knobs & whistles - traction control and wot not, but in the hands of a twat and wet roads you’re still doomed.

My immediate thought as probably all of us would was to pull over and help, and had I been on my own I probably would have

Don’t blame you at all. It all happened so fast I was shocked/angry/drenched and tempted to carry on but the way the car ended up knew it was bad.

Very true. Goes to show you can have a flash Audi with all the knobs & whistles - traction control and wot not, but in the hands of a twat and wet roads you’re still doomed.

Alot of 4x4 drivers make this mistake. If none of them are touching the ground it doesn't matter how many are being driven