Theory Highs and lows.

So took my theory test Wednesday. First exam I've done in probably 20 years. I was actually very confident as had been practicing on apps for two months and was scoring really high on both theory and hazard perception. Sat down listened to intro then into test first 10-12 questions BAM seen them all before knew was right then I got thrown a couple of questions I'd not seen before and went into " fook I know absolutely nothing " mode and started to get a bit stressed and doubting myself over questions I knew I knew the answer to. Got to the end but a lot of my confidence was gone. Onto hazard perception, when I first practiced this on my app I was terrible scored really low but again kept at it and got really good. The thing is unlike a question you don't really know how much you score so it's a bit unknown. So finished up and queued up to get my result, they handed me a folded bit of paper I suddenly found myself not wanting to open it....I walked out if the waiting room where about 8 very nervous teens were sitting , as I was walking along the corridor I couldn't take it any more and opened up my results. There is a lot of info on the paper so was scanning it when suddenly I fell down the stairs of test center....I passed so limped home on cloud nine 😂

Well done mate. I don't think anyone likes the hazard perception because it's such a grey area. You can see things too soon as well as too late. A friend of mine who is an experienced HGV driver failed a couple of times because of this.

Good luck with the rest of the tests

Cheers guys. Have mixed feelings about DAS can't wait to get back on a bike again so really looking forward to training but I pretty sure nobody ever has looked forward to Mod one and 2 😂

The hazard perception test is a strange one I did hours of practice clips to nail it but there seemed to be a lack of consistency as to how early or late you needed to click. I used the advice of clicking three times about a second between on each hazard this gives you a decent chance of being in the scoring zone.

Hard bit done - congrats!

This is a lie!

Well, I scored the minimum on my theory. Literally the lowest pass rate. But got a completely clean sheet on my das. So, it's true for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Hazard perception does catch people out. I thought I was great at it due to spotting loads of potential hazards that may cause me to stop or have to change direction. To find I missed them. I was lucky to use a friend's online dashboard for his driving school pupils (cars but had a bike section). This would show you what the Computer was looking for. Often the risk had a small window of opportunity that you needed to click in. I was clicking just before it and near the end. So I started to click in a uniform manner every 2 seconds once saw a threat. Score shot up. If you click too much it knows, but a steady regular click works. Only did mine last Sept.