Worst thing about riding a motorcycle ?

geofferz

Motorway travel. I’m 100 miles into my journey this morning and the car would have been a nicer choice. I only feel like this about long motorway travel.

When I had a Harley I didn't mind motorway riding but that was in the summer on long rides in France or Spain. Now I have an Enfield I hate motorways. I would never do a long ride on a motorway in winter, that's what cars are for

I hate the time it takes to get all my kit on and the bike ready and then having to put it all away again at the end of run.

This used to annoy me until I times myself once and realised I could do it in 3 minutes so not that bad really.

Cleaning the thing. All those nooks and crannies.

That's one of my favourite things about biking. I love it.

Never took you for a nooks and crannies sort of bloke.

Cleaning the thing. All those nooks and crannies.

That's one of my favourite things about biking. I love it.

Never took you for a nooks and crannies sort of bloke.

Brighton baby

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In no particular order....

The rain, expected or not.

My glasses and visor flogging up so i cant see squat of the alternative of getting smashed by hail stone.

The amount of time it take to get all the kit on, unlock the bike etc then to just do it all in reverse once I reach my destination.

Scooter/moped drivers with suicidal wishes. They squeeze in to ever inch of space with no regard as to why that spot might be open....oncoming traffic, truck turning, ambulance in a hurry etc. Also undertaking traffic that is doing 28mph is not filtering ffs.

The legends at the biker stops who pounce on you the minute you pull up to tell you about the 'Busa that they've got in the garage at home and how they couldn't own a bike like yours because they prefer something they can get their elbow down on.