coronavirus....

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 1503 times
Been liked: 2124 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:16 pm

Liveware Problem wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:49 pm
I swear almost every thread in this forum ends up being derailed by nostalgia for the '70s :lol: :wink:
Really? I hadn't noticed........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Bender
Moderator
Posts: 4700
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has liked: 1669 times
Been liked: 2089 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Bender » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:21 pm

XTreme wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:16 pm
Liveware Problem wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:49 pm
I swear almost every thread in this forum ends up being derailed by nostalgia for the '70s :lol: :wink:
Really? I hadn't noticed........
That's just one of them Gallagher pricks from last month.
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

fastbob
Posts: 7168
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 2873 times
Been liked: 3160 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by fastbob » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 pm

There's nothing wrong with a little light-hearted nostalgia on the eve of the Zombie Apocalypse .

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 1503 times
Been liked: 2124 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 pm

fastbob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 pm
There's nothing wrong with a little light-hearted nostalgia on the eve of the Zombie Apocalypse .
As I understand it there are no border checks re Corona virus back there now Bob.......and I thought Brexit was all about taking control of the borders?

Bozo has even given interviews about "letting the virus take it's course".

You'd swear their intention is to cull the older population (who are a drain on pensions and healthcare) wouldn't you?

But I suppose they've served their purpose as the election is over!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skyrider
Posts: 2649
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 627 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by skyrider » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:44 pm

fastbob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 pm
There's nothing wrong with a little light-hearted nostalgia on the eve of the Zombie Apocalypse .
yes lets all have fun :)
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
Six30
TOTY 2019
Posts: 7785
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Location: In Rennies wardrobe
Has liked: 2196 times
Been liked: 3572 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Six30 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:57 pm

XTreme wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:16 pm
Liveware Problem wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:49 pm
I swear almost every thread in this forum ends up being derailed by nostalgia for the '70s :lol: :wink:
Really? I hadn't noticed........

that's Paul Wellers love child ..
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

fastbob
Posts: 7168
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 2873 times
Been liked: 3160 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by fastbob » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:13 pm

XTreme wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 pm
fastbob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 pm
There's nothing wrong with a little light-hearted nostalgia on the eve of the Zombie Apocalypse .
As I understand it there are no border checks re Corona virus back there now Bob.......and I thought Brexit was all about taking control of the borders?

Bozo has even given interviews about "letting the virus take it's course".

You'd swear their intention is to cull the older population (who are a drain on pensions and healthcare) wouldn't you?

But I suppose they've served their purpose as the election is over!
Were basically f****d . Apparently there are no plans to cancel the London Marathon . So it's seemingly ok to have a hundred thousand people from all over the world packed together all gasping and sweating and breathing each others germs. Brilliant .

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 646 times
Been liked: 1791 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:14 pm

Liveware Problem wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:49 pm
I swear almost every thread in this forum ends up being derailed by nostalgia for the '70s :lol: :wink:
What! The 70’s are over?
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 1503 times
Been liked: 2124 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:36 pm

fastbob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:13 pm
XTreme wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 pm
fastbob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 pm
There's nothing wrong with a little light-hearted nostalgia on the eve of the Zombie Apocalypse .
As I understand it there are no border checks re Corona virus back there now Bob.......and I thought Brexit was all about taking control of the borders?

Bozo has even given interviews about "letting the virus take it's course".

You'd swear their intention is to cull the older population (who are a drain on pensions and healthcare) wouldn't you?

But I suppose they've served their purpose as the election is over!
Were basically f****d . Apparently there are no plans to cancel the London Marathon . So it's seemingly ok to have a hundred thousand people from all over the world packed together all gasping and sweating and breathing each others germs. Brilliant .
Bozo's words.....

“One of the theories is perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go & allow coronavirus to move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures.”

But I guess people knew what they were voting for!

User avatar
oldgrump
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda VFR800 x 2 ,Honda CBR400RR, Suzuki SV1000
Location: poole dorset
Challenge score: 560
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 209 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by oldgrump » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:06 pm

XTreme wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:36 pm
fastbob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:13 pm
XTreme wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 pm


As I understand it there are no border checks re Corona virus back there now Bob.......and I thought Brexit was all about taking control of the borders?

Bozo has even given interviews about "letting the virus take it's course".

You'd swear their intention is to cull the older population (who are a drain on pensions and healthcare) wouldn't you?

But I suppose they've served their purpose as the election is over!
Were basically f****d . Apparently there are no plans to cancel the London Marathon . So it's seemingly ok to have a hundred thousand people from all over the world packed together all gasping and sweating and breathing each others germs. Brilliant .
Bozo's words.....

“One of the theories is perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go & allow coronavirus to move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures.”

But I guess people knew what they were voting for!
No wonder there's panic in the shop's!!! there's 360 odd case's in the uk out of 66 million people!! Yes I know it might get bad, but is everyone going to stay in doors for the rest of there life's NO!!
So just get on with your life, I for one ain't sitting indoors worrying about it.

I'm getting (or hoping to) get a flight down to Madeira for 12 days, and hopefully will get back in to the UK, to start my riding season in 2 weeks time :D
2017 CHALLENGE 100 3rd.
2018 CHALLENGE 100 1st.
2019 CHALLENGE 100 2nd.


2020 CHALLENGE 100.

Churches 8/10.
Pubs 8/10.
Hoggs Bonus 4/15
Southeast England 12/12
Southwest England 10/12
East Midlands 1/12
West Midlands 3/12
South Wales 1/12
Bonus Bonus 4/15

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 1803 times
Been liked: 822 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by S-Westerly » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:06 am

All joking aside I'm supposed to be leaving this ship on Saturday in Namibia. At the moment this is in the balance apparently due to this bloody disease. if I don't I'll be well over my time and God knows when the next opportunity would be as the earliest possible would be when the ship gets to its next convenient port which is mid April and in a country which has just banned all foreigners entering. - Whoopie effing do.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

User avatar
Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 35203
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Location: Bilton
Has liked: 3570 times
Been liked: 3128 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Stu » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:44 pm

UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorised from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the bast*rd.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

The Russians have said “Its not us”
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

skyrider
Posts: 2649
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 627 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by skyrider » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:37 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:14 pm
Liveware Problem wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:49 pm
I swear almost every thread in this forum ends up being derailed by nostalgia for the '70s :lol: :wink:
What! The 70’s are over?
aw why didnt somebody tell me :crybaby:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

skyrider
Posts: 2649
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 627 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by skyrider » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Stu wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:44 pm
UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorised from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the bast*rd.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

The Russians have said “Its not us”
break out the fosters and blow the froth off a few :cheers:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
Marino
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:02 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Super duke 1290 gt
Location: Huddersfield
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Marino » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:48 am

S-Westerly wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:06 am
All joking aside I'm supposed to be leaving this ship on Saturday in Namibia. At the moment this is in the balance apparently due to this bloody disease. if I don't I'll be well over my time and God knows when the next opportunity would be as the earliest possible would be when the ship gets to its next convenient port which is mid April and in a country which has just banned all foreigners entering. - Whoopie effing do.
This is going to end bad for us, we are cruising to nowhere doing just technical stops for bunker and provisions. No crew or guest change allowed. We should end this world cruise ( longest ever 250 days) on May 2nd in London. Hope it will calm down till then as it is my sign off port.

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Marino, NeilM and 8 guests