Uk gov petition: 3 penalty points and £100 fine for not using indicators on the road.

Mikenzo

Hello,

I have started a petition which would be very important for the motorbikers safety.

My petition:

3 penalty points and £100 fine for not using indicators on the road.

Introduce 3 penalty points on driving license and £100 fine for not using the indicators on the road.

Everytime people don't use indicators it causes danger on the road, slows the traffic down and causes accidents. 21st century and people don't use them when changing the lane on the motorways, making u-turns or when exiting roundabouts causing many unsafe situations or even accidents on the roads and slowing the traffic down especially on the roundabouts.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/301210/sponsors/new?token=zqzDx6rnWYaGlW52jSVT

https://imgur.com/a/YXHN5W3' alt='IMGUR>'>

It'd probably be safer to ban the use of indicators altogether. Thirty years ago my driving instructor drilled into me that "The only thing you know for certain when someone indicates is that the bulb is working." Just last night as I was driving home from work I encountered a Range Rover that would have t-boned me on a roundabout had I believed what his indicators were suggesting he was about to do.

:roll:

Does a turkey vote for Christmas ? Have you ever tried to predict what the self cancelling indicators are going to do on a Harley ? One post and no profile ? Student project by any chance ? This is a daft idea . No thanks .

I shall start a petition to ban indicators. Because most school run mums seem to think that sticking on the indicator gives them a divine right to change lanes, turn across traffic, stop in dangerous places, just because they have indicated. You don't need to look, you don't need to check, just indicate and go for it. If anyone else is there it's their fault because I indicated.

It's no wonder they need to drive tanks to keep their little darlings safe.

Apart from the fact this could never be enforced, in a hypothetical world where it could there would be no drivers left including yourself. We are all guilty of this from time to time. Bikers aren't perfect motorists. Just look at one of the many helmet cam videos on YouTube of supposed "idiot cage drivers". Most of the time it's just the biker being an as*hole thinking he has some kind of superior power. Get yourself a POLITE NOTICE (W4#*er) vest and carry on going around shaking your head disapprovingly at people rather than using a bit of roadcraft to avoid bad situations.

Your approaching a roundabout there is a car in front of you, no other traffic on roundabout and the fooking twat in front stops :shock:

thats a more worthy petition, if they cant grasp how a roundabout works they shouldn't be driving.

Your approaching a roundabout there is a car in front of you, no other traffic on roundabout and the fooking twat in front stops :shock:

thats a more worthy petition, if they cant grasp how a roundabout works they shouldn't be driving.

Or people who do 37 in a clear, wide 60 road. Makes me fume more than that time that someone almost hit my bike.

My mother still doesn't understand how roundabouts work and is without question the worst driver I have ever known. She came to it late in life: I passed my test when I was 17, and she only passed the year before after five attempts. The first time she went on a motorway she trundled down the acceleration lane, stopped at the broken line at the end, put the handbrake on and indicated left. :shock:

Or people who do 37 in a clear, wide 60 road. Makes me fume more than that time that someone almost hit my bike.

Speed limit not speed target. Tut Tut

i poo poo that tut tut.... its not a target but when they look in their mirror and can see an endless line of traffic behind them and not a car for miles in front of them :?

i poo poo that tut tut.... its not a target but when they look in their mirror and can see an endless line of traffic behind them and not a car for miles in front of them :?

You are free to poo poo to your heart's content.

Most of us will always advise a motorcyclist to ride within THEIR LIMITS so why is that different for drivers?

I'd rather be stuck behind a slightly slower driver for a while that hit head on by some twat that took a bend too fast and ended up in my lane but maybe that's just me, I'm a bit of a wimp.

Most of us will always advise a motorcyclist to ride within THEIR LIMITS so why is that different for drivers?

I'd rather be stuck behind a slightly slower driver for a while that hit head on by some twat that took a bend too fast and ended up in my lane but maybe that's just me, I'm a bit of a wimp.

if your driving limit is 30 in a car or on a bike, then you shouldn't be driving... pass bass or train ticket .

if your driving limit is 30 in a car or on a bike, then you shouldn't be driving... pass bass or train ticket .

Back on track for the title.... Knew you could do it

not at all im listening to what you are saying and sounds good :thumb:

Back on track for the title.... Knew you could do it

twat

I don't think indicators would have much difference in these circumstances . ( This does not end well )https://www.facebook.com/156207517860717/posts/1610629962418458/

my life, what fooking idiots, was going to say id of turned round and kept riding until id found the idiots and stuck one on em …. its seems they got was always going to come their way.