Electrical problem

Lynchstar

Hi people.

I have an electrical problem since trying to fit a side regitration show plate and back light. I have joined tail gate light and back light earth wires together onto new light earth, joind the tail gate live and registatration live together along with the yello wire to the live red wire on side light. When started bike up i had no indicators on front and rear rode of on bike and lost power on engine. I had put it all back to original and still have same problem also with no indicators working and bike doesent run right. Could i have shorted something. Checked all fuses and all ok. Can anyone please help.

What ever bike it is you couldn't have put it back exactly as it was or the lights and indicators would be working, assuming they were all working before.

If one of the wires was an ignition live some go to earth with the ignition off. So the damage caused to an electrical component wouldn't be reversed just by putting everything back to standard. Everything might be back to standard but there could be something you've fried in the meantime.

It is a very confusing description though so not enough information to make any useful suggestions.